Friday AGAIN. Now when did that happen? I can’t believe Summer is whizzing by so fast, we’re halfway through July already? I must be getting old or something!
Anyway, I think I’ve said it before, I LOVE doing this meme, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story . It’s been another great week and I always look forward to share some of the highlights. I find myself collecting happy moments throughout the week, like pebbles or seashells on a beach. Some are big, others are small, but I treasure them all…
And there are always so many ...
1. We spent a day with my parents last Sunday. Some of you might remember how worried I was in December when my father needed that operation? Nothing major, just a prostate issue, but still, when they mention cancer “might” be involved , you get more than just a little bit concerned. Anyhow, we spent a lovely afternoon together, and it was just wonderful to see how active, talkative (my father is never a man of many words though) smiling and happy he is. He looks radiant, he even looks ten years younger than before the operation!
THAT my dear readers was the biggest treasure of the week. I mean, look at him, isn’t he the most handsome dad in the whole world?
2. I love this quote , because that’s what last Sunday was all about.
|When you finally go back to your old hometown, you find it wasn't the old home you missed but your childhood.|
We made a tour of my grandmothers village again. The same tour we made when I fell into that ditch and both my camera and I got soaked, remember?
One of the very few places I know that have not been spoiled or altered all that much. It still looks (almost) exactly the way I remember it from my childhood days at my grandparent’s. The beautiful nature, the wildlife, the cows in their green pastures, the creeks …
It all brought back wonderful memories from the past. We all miss my grandmother,
- last Sunday it was 39 years ago to the day – since she passed away, but not a day goes by without thinking of her …
3. As you probably already gathered, the village of my grandmother is my most favorite place on this planet. I SO love it and I’m always very happy to be there. But it seems like every time I wanted to do a photo shoot there, it rained or something else went wrong. And for days it looked like it was not going to be any different this time either! When we left in the morning, the rain was pouring down. But by noon, it stopped, and as by magic, blue skies appeared and the same white fluffy clouds painted the skies as the ones I remember from my childhood days of Summer.
And the weather has been kind to us for the rest of the week. That might change today or tomorrow I heard but still, I enjoyed being outside a lot this week.
4. The tickets for my trip to the States have been booked!! Because I already announced that last Saturday, I almost forgot to mention it here! WOOT! Another BIG treasure, it looks as if there were only BIG things this week! What originated as an invitation to visit Hawaii has turned into a three week trip! I will be city hopping from Washington to Portland, spend a week in Hawaii and visit Chicago on my way back. Thanks to the hospitality of my blogger friends I am able to do this.
Much thanks to my husband too, who encouraged me to take this once in a lifetime opportunity and booked my tickets. He DOES seem to turn just a little bit pale around the nose these past few days. Poor guy, oh dear!
5. I cherish the message my daughter sent me yesterday through Facebook.
She said … “ You’re special”.
Even though she was not feeling too well, she wanted to invite us over to her house tomorrow for a drink and a bite to eat. But I reversed that invitation and invited THEM over here. I’ll be a very busy bee tomorrow… And I love it!
All in all a great week, busy, sunny, warm and wonderful.
UPDATE: I will be a little less busy than I thought. My daughter's visit is not going to happen tomorrow. Her Fybromylgia has gotten the best of her yet again and the pain is keeping her from doing all the nice things a young couple should be able to do on a long weekend.
I'm so sad she has to suffer so much. Please send her all the good vibes you have within yourself.
It worked miracles for my father...
Look for more Fave Five posts hosted by Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
Have a great week!