1. It’s my husband’s birthday today. Not just any birthday, he turned 65 today. I could not wait till midnight to start opening presents, I think I was even more excited than he was.
2. He always knows what he’s getting just looking at the box, so I outsmarted him with this giant size box. The smaller box had lots and lots of small presents hidden inside.
3. It was nothing very big really, there were chocolates, his favorite cherry beer, some perfume … a voucher for a breakfast with bubbles and one for a nice gourmet dinner I’m going to cook him.
4. But I saved the best for last. Hidden underneath the bubble plastic at the bottom of the box was another present he almost overlooked. He knew instantly it was a photo album. I guess that’s okay because I had not really bothered much to try to disguise that. I have made him a scrapbook with old and new pictures, little notes, letters, cards … All kinds of little momentums from our life together.
He said it was the best present he ever got from me!
5. And now we’re off, celebrating some more. I won’t be on line much today, I hope you’ll forgive me?