About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Weekly Winners, A New Year …

 

 

logo wwfinal

A review of the week in pictures …

A toast to good health and happiness …

IMG_4511  Togetherness.

IMG_0847 Good food.

IMG_4414

Another package in the mail.

IMG_4543

Playing

IMG_4595

  … with the D40 DSLR.

IMG_4589

They’re still alive and in bloom despite the freezing temperatures and the snow we had!

  IMG_0906

A photo walk with my hubby.

IMG_1053

More walking …

IMG_1088
Bokrijk by Night.
I hope your week was as wonderful as mine was?
Happy 2010!

More Weekly Winners at Sarcastic Mom’s.


PS: Heavenin365 was born today.
My project 365.
A picture a day.  
A brand new blog.
Check it out here

22 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

I love your shots of the town, especially the last one! It's beautiful. =)

Tara R. said...

Those last three shots are stunning! The frozen lake and the building is my favorite. Wonderful set!

Hope you have a great New Year!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh yes the food and the drink look delicious!

Colleen said...

What a wonderful week. Happy New Year!

moneythoughts said...

Wow! Nice shots. Really nice photographs Jientje.

Secret Agent Mama said...

You have such an amazing eye! I always love your images. Here's to an exciting 2010, filled with lots of great photography and friendship!

Wanda..... said...

Very interestin arch of trees Jientje! Love the photo of the outreaching hand!

Anonymous said...

wow, love these!

Melli said...

OY! I can imagine that icy pond in my front yard right now! It is FREEEEEEEZING here! Lovely shots!

Avril said...

Oooh looks cold! .. and here I sit .. bare feet, sleeveless top, shorts and cold glass of wine !!!! Love your fireworks display - although couldn't watch it all - my doggies went wild - barking and running around in a frenzie! Love your foodie shots - I am hopeless with good food presentation!!! Happy New Year to you and your family from me and mine!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

What a lovely week you've had! Is the D40 a new camera??

Jientje said...

@ WackyMummy : Thank you!
@ Tara R. : It's been great up until now!
@ hip chick : The food was delicious!
@ Colleen : Happy New Year!
@ moneythoughts : Wow, thank you Fred!
@ Secret Agent Mama : Gee THANKS, what a wonderful complement coming from you! Happy 2010!
@ Wanda : That's my hubby!
@ piecesofmejen : Thanks!
@ Melli: Aww, in the FRONT yard? You LUCKY girl!
@ Avril: YOU made me VERY jealous!
@ Kristi : The D40 is not a new camera but he's new for me . He's ( it's a HE) been unemployed for quite some time now. I'm going to change that!

kanishk said...

! The frozen lake and the building is my favorite. Wonderful set!

Work from home India

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Beautiful shots. I especially love the last one.

Kathy said...

Hi Jientje, Donald found his trousers and all is well lol.
You had a great week I can see, the food, drink and your gifts look delicious but Bokrijk looks stunning.
I popped in to see your new Heavenin365 baby and it is incredible, I am going to enjoy these next 365 days I can tell. hugs, Kathy.

Paz said...

Lovely sights! Belgium is one of my favorite places, Jientje. I'd love to hang out with you there, one day.

Happy, Happy New Year!

Best,
Paz

kayerj said...

I love the walk under the branches of whatever that plant is . . . . amazing! I'll post a larger picture of the cemetery with the deer in it on Wednesday if you want to come back and have a look at it :) I forgot when I loaded the slide show I selected small size :(

Suburban Girl said...

I love your photo walk shots and the champagne glasses too. Have fun with that camera!

Gattina said...

Beautiful shots ! It's ages I haven't been in Borkrijk ! I suppose it's also very cold in Antwerp, this morning we had -8°C ! I wanted to visit the Ice Sculpture Expo in Bruges, but apparently the whole thing broke down, due to snow on the 24th ! So no ice sculpture pictures this year.

Loree said...

Love all the pictures especially the ones of the winter weather.

Jientje said...

@ kanishk : Thanks!
@ Secret Mom Thoughts : It came out better than I expected, thanks!
@ Kathy : Oooh, good! I'm glad he's decent again! Thanks for checking out my 365!
@ Paz : I hope that day will come Paz, you will be most welcome here! Happy new Year!
@ kaye : I will, thanks!
@ Rebecca : I am having fun with it!
@ Gattina : It's cold here too!
@ Loree : Winter can be beautiful, real Winter, that is!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful holiday week! Togetherness is always good!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive