Time to look back and share the highlights of the week again.
Time for another Fave Five …
If it was not for this meme, many good moments would probably fade into oblivion. Life passes by so fast and each day is packed with little gifts, if only we see them, remember them, cherish them. And I do.
1. Number one in this week’s Fave Five has got to be my health. I’ve finished all the pills and I’m very happy to anounce I managed to beat the shingles virus. The pain is gone and the lesions are healed. I was lucky to get diagnosed as early as I did. This time the virus did not get much impact on me. I’m very happy with such a speedy recovery. Thanks for all your well wishes, I’ll bet all the good vibes you sent me really helped to get me back on my feet again as fast as I did!!
2. The beautiful photo book my husband surprised me with. Breathtaking and very inspiring photography of the harbor of Antwerp by Tom d’Haenens, a Belgian photographer. ( click the link to visit his site and then click on the books button. If you click on the book of “the Port of Antwerp” you can leaf through it.
Please do, it’s worth it. His pictures are amazing. They make me want to go out with my camera again too. It’s been too long !!
3. I managed to get all the paperwork and most of the stuff on the procrastination list done yesterday. It surprised me I got through it a lot faster than I thought I would!
I’ve got my travel passport, inquired on health insurance for the trip to the States, went to the post office. All of the above without having to stand in line for hours which is what I dread the most. Anyway, it’s done now. Maybe I’ll remember to not put it off so long next time because it was really not such a big deal, but I doubt it!!
4. That beautiful pink sunset we got Saturday night !!! I really really still needed some pictures for my Weekly Winners post last week. I did not have much at that point because I had been ill all week and that sunset was a gift from heaven. Well, yes, I know they always are, but that one was special because of it’s timing!!
5. My friend Annie brought me a huge bag of quince yesterday. They remind me of paintings by old masters, sitting on a stoneware dish on my kitchen table. Their fragrant scent perfumes my kitchen, I’m going to leave them like this a little longer while I’m trying to figure out what to do with them. I could make jam or poach them or make a Tarte Tatin with them. Anyone have any ideas, any good / old family recipes? Please let me know?
So there, another great week. How was yours?
Look for more Fave Five posts at Susanne’s Living to tell the Story .