About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Macro Monday, Looking Back …


 

mm

 

Another new week, another month, September already. Summer is almost over, and I’m not ready for Fall yet. A nostalgic feeling hit me when I was browsing through my pictures, trying to find the right pictures for this new Macro Monday post. And then I found these. I have been meaning to post them shortly after I made them sometime during Spring, and I’m not sure if they ever made it to my blog. Well, anyway if they did, it would have been on my other blog, and Spring is already far behind us, so I’m posting them anyway! Spring has so many photo opportunities you don’t always seem to be able to keep up. And they linger in your archives, infinitely… 
But not these.













Oh by the way, I am all caught up answering my comments again. I have made it a good habit to reply to any comments posted on this blog, because I like that little interaction when I see it on other blogs. Whenever I know someone answers his/her comments, I go back to see what they replied or check them the next time I visit. However, sometimes when I’m very busy elsewhere, I have been known to run a little bit behind myself. Now I KNOW not EVERYONE does come back to read them, but I answer them anyway. And they’re up now!  And I promise from now on I’ll try to keep up with them, okay?

For more gorgeous Macro Monday posts, visit Lisa’s Chaos.

25 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

O these are glorious! Wonderful rich gold in these flowers! So dramatic!

Wanda..... said...

Jientje...I love the dandelions that make our field glow in the spring...and the biscuits in the previous post have your special Jientje look and touch...I didn't realize they were from my recipe...I am so pleased to have you Jientje as a blogging friend...you should feel admired, because you are...by me! Thank you!

Quilly said...

Wonderful dandelion shots! And don't feel too bad about summer ending. You will have another taste of it when you get to Hawaii in November!

betty-NZ said...

Very interesting photos! I never see dandelions as something to photograph...I may have to change that!

RA said...

Aww, these macro shots are so lovely! They really brighten up the day. Have a great week, Jientje :)

Korie said...

Amazing as usual. The last two though, those are beautiful. I love them.

Avril said...

Ah - lovely! Specially like the last two - feathery look about them.
Catching up with your posts - I have been so busy gardening haven't had time to browse through blogs ... LOVE all the foodie photos! (I would call those scones not biscuits)
And I can now see your lace making (I had to upload an Adobe 'something-or-other') - wow ..that's intriguing!!
Love your summer ones too - also just love the shot of your parents gazing/standing the same way - I would frame that one!!

Loree said...

Goregous dandelions. What is it about summer ending that makes everyone nostalgic? Summer is not my favourite season (and it is far from over here) but knowing that its on its way out makes me nostaligic.

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Jientje, stunning photographs! I love the detail and texture-not to mention the striking color both muted and bold. And thank you for visiting my Oasis Writing Link blog over in Puerto Rico. I hope we become blogging buddies- you seem simply delightful!

Gattina said...

They loook very nice on your photos, but, hell, what did they damage our lawn and they are undestroyable ! Tons of Roundup didn't help, lol !
They are really piss in bed flowers ! Piss en lit !

Anonymous said...

Gattina, you should hire some little neighbor to pick them all for a penny each. It would probably beat the cost of round up! :) Hee hee!

Jientje, your perspective is beautiful! I love that you could turn something so common into such an incredible work of art!

My boys bring me these for bouquets. Awww, thanks! :)

Jessie at Blog Schmog

Anonymous said...

Actually I'd hang a canvas of that 4th one in my living room!
Jessie at Blog Schmog

kayerj said...

I know dandelions are supposed to be weeds, but aren't they just so cheerful? great shots

Jientje said...

@ Greyscale Territory: Thanks for this lovely comment, but I cannot seem to access your site to visit you back!
@ Wanda: Ooooh Wanda, this comment is so precious to me. KNOW that I love you just as much, it's always such a pleasure to visit your blog! And yes, the biscuits were delicious!
@ Quilly: Yes, I know, and I'm very much looking forward to that extra week of warmth and sunshine, I am!!
@ bettyl: Ooooh but they are!!!
@ ROSIDAH : You too Rosidah, I'm glad you liked them!
@ Lilacspecs: The last two are MY favorites too!
@ Avril: That happens to me too, and then I catch up, that's okay! I would call them scones too, but the recipe came from Wanda's blog, and she calls them biscuits, so... I'm glad you could see the video now, I'm amazed you never needed Adobe before apparently? And I have framed that picture of my parents, it's precious!
@ Loree: Yes well, but your Summer probably last a whole lot longer than mine, being so much further South? I envy you!
@ Cynthia : I enjoyed your post too Cynthia!! Thanks for visiting me back!
@ Gattina: LOl, yes they are a pain in the ... lawn!
@ glutenfree4goofs: Good advice for Gattina, LOL! Thanks for such a nice compliment! I love dandelions, it probably shows eh?

Jientje said...

@ kaye: Which is a weed and which is a "real" flower eh? That's only a question of definition, isn't it?

Melli said...

I don't remember ever seeing these shots before! I don't think they made it to your other blog - unless maybe in a little collage? They are lovely though! I don't think I ever see a whole field of dandelions... they are sporadic in my own yard (but then so is grass!) LOL! But most people here put out weed killer to keep dandelions away. We have a lot of yard "snobs" in our county! Weeeeee on the other hand, just let them be! They are far fewer NOW than when the children were small and I couldn't wait to show them how to BLOW them! Haha!

Anonymous said...

These are just beautiful my friend. Very well done. About your commenting. It's hard to go back and see if someone has responded to your comment you made on their blog. I think you do a great job at it :) Wonderful photos my friend :)

Jay said...

Very beautiful shots of the humble dandelion! My favourites are four and five, which are quite stunningly good!

I try to answer all my comments, too. It seems only good manners to me, that if someone has taken the trouble to post, I should acknowledge them. I know not everyone reads, but I like to answer anyway!

Ellie said...

It is a shame people try so hard to get rid of dendalions - they are so pretty!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, I always understand just by visiting when I read someone'e blog and it has 87 comments, I would NEVER expect a reply, I just like commenting because I hope you read how much your blog is LOVED! NOW MORE THAN EVER I am getting a new camera....I will so excited and Christmas cannot come too soon for me, READY OR NOT! LOVED LOVED these Spring-time pics. :0)

Jientje said...

@ Melli: I think people should stop using weed killers. There a re so many pretty wild flowers that get destroyed by using them. A couple of years ago, there were hardly any poppy's left in Belgium.
@ Thom: Certain blogs like yours and Quilly's and a couple of others who do that always get a second visit from me to see what the reply was. I love that! And it can be a little bit of a strain to reply to all the comments, but I love the interaction.
@ Jay: My favorites are the last two. And I agree about commenting, it's a way of showing a little bit of courtesy towards your readers I think?
@ Ellie: I agree! Dandelions or any wild flowers for that matter, they used to spray the sides of the roads with weed killers a couple of years back, until there was nothing left! Thank God they stopped doing that!
@ Linda Higgins: A new camera!! Woohoo! I can believe you're counting the days until Christmas!! And I'm so happy with your comments, every time you visit Linda!!!

Jama said...

They are so gorgeous,I especially love the last one!

Tammie Lee said...

I love dandelions and your photos show their beauty!

Mamí♥Picture said...

☼¨`*•.♥BEAUTIFUL♥.•*¨`☼
Thanks for sharing!
Have a Lovely♥Day!
To view my MACRO MONDAY you can visit MY MAIN BLOG @
http://www.youandmeplusthree.net
See ya!☺!

The Retired One said...

These are awesome shots. Loved the one with the seed pod in front of a yellow one. LOVED it!!!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive