About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ruby Tuesday, A Walk in the Park

 

 

 

ruby-slippers-door-stop_copy

 

There is no better season to photograph natural rubies as Fall. On our recent photo walk at the arboretum, I did not have to look hard, there were rubies behind every corner of the park. Follow me …

 






Find more Ruby Tuesday posts at Mary’s Work of the Poet.

22 comments:

MaR said...

The last shot reminds me of Notting Hill (the movie!). Beautiful.
Happy RT!

quilly said...

Wonderful Ruby Tuesday shots and I love that little girl's Ruby hair.

Loree said...

Gorgeous splashes of red.

Nessa said...

You have a treasure chest of rubies with these photos.

Wanda..... said...

Jientje, you captured ruby flowers, ruby hair, and ruby "slipper socks"....well, "light" ruby slipper socks!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh it looks like it's still summer over there. We are pretty well into fall here. The red at the park is on the leaves.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A day in the park
as summer turns to autumn—
what rest for the soul!

My Ruby Tuesday

Melli said...

Lovely! Absolutely gorgeous!

A Joyful Chaos said...

Delightfully lovely! Thanks so much for sharing.

maryt/theteach said...

Jientje, your landscape shots are very pleaseing to the eye! Don't we have a photo of the same berries (your first shot)? Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)

kayerj said...

what a lovely garden.

Anonymous said...

Jientje, looks peaceful and relaxing and all those reds it looks like spring. Enjoy the beauty we love to see it! Happy RT!

Stephanie V said...

Wouldn't it be nice to study there by those beautiful red flowers?

Unknown said...

Lovely, lovely stuff, as always - but the real treasure in all of that is the RedHead with the Pink Slippers.

Suki said...

What lovely scenery! Sadly, we don't have such beautiful countryside in our island. The hot weather doesn't help much.

Miranda said...

Beautiful! I love the last one, so peaceful.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tour of the park. And the girl with the red hair in the last photo so fits this as well. Wonderful RT my Belgian Bombshell :) Aloha

Unknown said...

Nature at its best I believe. One of my favorite seasons....and it really doesn't show itself here in the desert....I have to take a ride for about an hours to see the colors which I will probably do next week when I am recovering and get CABIN FEVER....hmmm an idiom I believe...I will have to put that one on my post next week! :)

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Thanks Jientje for sharing your walk with us. You can almost see Autumn in the pictures.

Gattina said...

What a nice promenade ! We have an Aboretum somewhere in Brussels too. I remember my father liked to walk there, but I don't know anymore where it was, lol !
I was in Nivelles yesterday but I am already up with my idioms !

Jientje said...

@ Mar : I've seen that one, but can't remember it!
@ Quilly : Yes, that's a nice touch, isn't it?
@ Loree : There were rubies all over the park!
@ Nessa : There was a picture behind every corner.
@ Wanda : Yes, the slipper socks, bright pink slipper socks. I loved that!
@ hip chick : You're right, we have been so spoiled, it's as if Summer never wants to end this year.
@ Magical Mystical Teacher : Oh yes!
@ Melli : Thanks Melli!
@ A Joyful Chaos : You're welcome!
@ maryt/theteach: Great minds eh? I don't think they're EXACTLY the same, but still!
@ kaye : It is, it's beautiful, and very well kept.
@ Amanda : Ooooh, yes, I will.
@ Stephanie V : I agree. It's very peaceful there.
@ Lou: Yes,I loved that redhead, the first second I saw her, and the pink slippers are "the finishing touch"!
@ Zen : I can't imagine fall looking anything else but this.
@ ~Just me again~ : Add the sound of birds singing and the picture is complete.
@ Thom : Aloha Thom. I'm glad you walked right along with me!
@ Linda Higgins : Good idea!! Why don't you?
@ Bill : Atumn is coming, that's for sure.
@ Gattina : You early bird!! You beat me to it AGAIN!! LOL!!

Robin said...

Beautiful. What a treasure your arboretum is.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive