About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Summer Stock Sunday, Reflections of Summer




 

Sadly enough, Summer is coming to an end, and so is this Summer Stock Sunday. One more after this week, I’m going to miss it.


For this week’s edition, I’m sharing some pictures from a photo walk with my parents.
We went to Lillo, a picturesque village near the river Schelde and Antwerp harbor.

Map picture

You can click on the map to see where it’s situated.

On the catwalk…



Pretty in pink

 


Shadows

and reflections …







I love that picture, it’s who they are.
So often they both do or say the same thing at the same time.

I guess 50+ years of marriage does that to you!

Find more Summer Stock Sunday pictures at Robin’s Around the Island.

21 comments:

James said...

Beautiful post. You are very fortunate to have such wonderful parents.

Wanda..... said...

I saw at least five reflections of you and your parents in the motorcycle...and their stance with hands on their brow is award winning I think...nice way to remember your parents...in unison!

Melissa said...

Now I see where your beauty comes from.

May they have another 50 years together.

Love Melissa

kayerj said...

lovely walk and such a nice observation about your parents.

Quilly said...

Your pictures took me on this walk with you every step of the way. I especially liked the close up of the flower and the final shot. Your parents look like a matched set, which is, indeed, how it should be.

Carletta said...

A lovely photo essay of your walk!
But, I gotta say those boats aren't going very far are they! :)

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Very lovely the pictures. You are so lucky to be able to have your parents around to do these things with.

Thank you for sharing your pictures and your quiet times with your Mum and Dad with us.

Ellie said...

I like the photo of your parents looking at same direction - there is such sync and harmony - no professional showman can achieve such perfect synchronization - only many years together bring people in such perfect harmony!
Roses are gorgeous!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

It's always a pleasure to come here and see your beautiful photos, Jientje.

Joyce said...

Your photos are amazing and the last one of your parents is perfect. Honestly a film director would be thrilled with that shot and to think that they did this naturally as one unit without direction is amazing. Just perfect:)
Joyce

The French Bear said...

Such a darling photo of your parents, yes that's what they do after 50 years together, how sweet!!!!!
Love the roses, actually all your photos, they always make me gasp, and take a second look!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Robin said...

What a beautiful village, I wish I had such picturesque beauty close by.

I love that shot of your parents. You can totally see how they've been married 50 years :).

Melli said...

Great shots as always Jientje! I DO love that last shot of your parents too! That is sweet!

Anonymous said...

Great photos and that last picture is worth millions. I love it. I'm not sorry to see summer go. It's my least favorite..do damn hot. Have a great Day my Belgian Bombshell :)

Susanne said...

Love the pic of your mom and dad doing the same thing. It made me smile. And the one with the boats with no water was really an interesting shot. What's the story there?

Anonymous said...

Some of these shots look very like a park where we occasionally hike when we're in the city, along the Potomac River just outside of Washington, DC. Love the shot of marital unison! My parents eventually even looked alike...people sometimes mistook them for brother and sister.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Thanks for taking us along on such a gorgeous walk. Beautiful boats, beautiful bush laden with berries, breathtaking roses... *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. Love the macro flower shots.

Christine said...

I love that last shot too! They are adorable.

Jientje said...

@ James: I know. I'm grateful for that.
@ Wanda: I LOVE that picture. I'm going to frame that one!
@ Melissa: I hope so too!
@ kaye: Yes, it made me smile the minute I saw them do that!
@ Quilly: My parents ARE a matched set, no doubt about that!
@ Carletta: Well, at least not as long as the tiode is low!
@ Bill: I know Bill, I'm lucky. And I cherish the moments we have together, believe me!
@ Ellie: True. I'm so glad I could capture that!
@ Sara: Thank, I'm glad you enjoy them!
@ Joyce: I'm not a film director, but I was very happy with that shot too! I think if two actoirs wanted to play this scene, it would take an awful lot of rehearsing!
@ The French Bear: I love that picture dearly Margaret, so much I'm having it framed! I'm glad you enjoy my photography!
@ Robin: Yes, they are a pair, true!
@ Melli: Me too!
@ Thom: Yes well, it's easy for you to say Summer is too hot for you!! You live in Hawaii, every season is Summer for you!! We are facing cold and gray and wind and rain, not funny!
@ Susanne: It made me smile too! The story is the low tide, they can only leave the harbor when the tide is high!
@ Josie Ray: Too funny!
@ Julia Smith: You're welcome!
@ gingereebs: Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them!
@ Christine: Yes, they are!

The Retired One said...

I loved this post!
Sorry I haven't commented much...I am wayyyyy behind in both reading my fav blogs and in posting on my own. I have been crazy busy and outside most of the day enjoying our warm autumn...but I am slowly catching up and reading your older posts.
Loved the air balloon one too!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive