About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, September 21, 2009

Macro Monday, Pretty Ballerina …

 

 

mm

 

 

Monday again? Where has the weekend gone to?
It was a long weekend for me, because my husband took Friday off to make a photo walk together. It was a beautiful day, September weather has been very kind to us these last few days so it was a great opportunity to spend some time outside  while trying to capture the beauty of Fall. I loved every minute of it, there were bees and butterflies and beautiful flowers, photo opportunities galore.
So, without further ado…

 


I can’t help it, this cone flower makes me think of a ballerina, and there is a song in my head now, “Nina pretty ballerina” …
I looked it up, because I could not remember who did this song.
I was surprised it was Abba!

 

 

 

 

More Macro Monday pictures at Lisa’s Chaos.
Have a wonderful Monday.

23 comments:

quilly said...

Lovely!

Wanda..... said...

It's those graceful curving petals...you captured a ballerina pose for sure Jientje!

Melli said...

I took pictures of some of them in St. Michaels the other day... but only from the top... SEE? Life is going to get interesting here in about a MONTH! I can't WAIT!!!

moneythoughts said...

Nice pictures. I love the color of cone flowers, at least I love the pink ones.

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful title. The coneflowers do look like ballerinas!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh these are stunning - I love your perpective!! They do look like ballerinas!!! How fun, Sarah

margie said...

these are terrific. it is a ballerina!!

Heidi said...

Yes, I can see the ballerina thoughts in this flower. Pretty Macro today, Jientje.

James said...

You have taken wilting flowers and brought renewed beauty to them. Great job. The top one reminds me of a strewberry. :)

kayerj said...

such a beautiful ballerina--and what an imagination you have.

Betty W said...

Awesome pics! You really made that flower come to life!

Brenda said...

Beautiful picture, it reminds me of a ballerina too :)

Carletta said...

WOW Jientje!
The perspective of the second is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous my Belgian Bombshell and the music just adds so much :) Aloha

Unknown said...

I can see why it makes you think of a ballerina. :) Beautiful with such a nice shade of color!

Valerie said...

Your second photo is so neat. Did you lay down for that one, or hold the camera and take your chances :)
I am trying to learn to be a better photographer so I ask only our of learning prospective... did you do any processing after the shot or is that sooc? Curious also to what your gear is and what your setting were for that photo. It is really neat.

Joyce said...

The color of the flower in your photo and the music makes me want to get up and dance:)
Joyce

betty-NZ said...

Those are terrific shots! Just perfect!

Jientje said...

@ quilly : Thanks!
@ Wanda: I'm glad you see it too!
@ Melli : Oh yes!!! We'll have fun!!
@ moneythoughts: Perfect colors for Autumn season, I agree!
@ Your EG Tour Guide: Thanks!
@ Sarah : They do eh? I thought so too!
@ margie: Indeed!
@ 2Thinks : Thanks Heidi, it was a lovely walk, with lots of photo opportunities. And I LOVE macro shots!
@ James : Yes, true!
@ kaye: Hmm, yes well sometimes they say I have too much imagination!
@ Betty : I don't like them too much from the top, I'm glad I could make them look interesting.
@ Brenda: It's something in the way "she holds her arms", the shape of the petals....
@ Carletta: I love to look at things from a different angle.
@ Thom : Sometimes when I see a picture, I get a song in my head.
@ lisa : I like the movement in the first one.
@ Valerie: No, I did not exactly lie down for that one, although I sometimes do. ;-) I can use my flip up display to see what I'm doing.
I always do a little one click processing adjusting brightness and color just a little, and I cropped the second one.
My "gear" is a Canon Powershot SX1IS, it has all I need right now and it is light weight. I uses super macro for the second picture.
ISO 200, 1/1600s f2,8 -0,67 EV.
I hope this solves your questions, there is never any harm in asking questions if you want to learn something. Good luck!
@ Joyce: Let's dance together!!!
@ bettyl: Thank you!!!

Loree said...

The flower truly looks like a pretty ballerina.

jay said...

Wow - an Abba song I'd never heard! Thanks for that! :)

I love the cone flower, too. I'm going to plant some next spring - I hear they're good for butterfly visitors!

Suburban Girl said...

Gorgeous

Jientje said...

@ Loree : That was what I was thinking too.
@ jay : I did not know it was by Abba until I8 looked it up. You're right about the butterflies, I've seen a lot of butterflies and bees around them.
@ Rebecca : I'm glad you liked it!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive