About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday…. Something??

 

 


Water drops and roses…
I could not resist the sight of them.

 

It’s been a very busy Saturday.
My photography class has taken up most of my time today.
And so I’m late. 
Here I am staring at this screen, trying to find the right words to say. 
My mind is a complete blank.
I think I’ll just leave it like it is, and carry on with the business of the day.


Why oh why are there never enough hours in a day for me eh?

17 comments:

Melli said...

I do not know... I, myself, find some days I have not enough... other days I have too many! I would really RATHER have not enough!

The roses... and the raindrops... are lovely! Have a great day!

The Wrought Iron Gate said...

I've just discovered your lovely blog. Your photos are amazing. I have enjoyed strolling through your archive of older posts.....and look forward to my next visit.

Best Wishes,
Kay

kayerj said...

seems most days are that way. love the flowers

Betty W said...

I love the photo! Your classes must be working, because your photography is amazing!

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

A Picture "Speaks a Thousand Words". Beautiful with the roses, and the raindrops.

Dimple said...

These roses are truly lovely.

James said...

This is a great shot!

Christine said...

Right now, I feel like there are too many. Hospital time goes by very slow. Love the roses. I bet they smell heavenly.

Ellie said...

Love the roses! In Bulgaria they give yellow roses to a lady when the man is jealous :) I like the details - we can see the veins where all that rose butter and juice is flowing!

Wanda..... said...

Those roses look like they would taste like oranges or apricots...I must be hungry Jientje!

quilly said...

You were already great. Now you're taking a photo class and you'll be phenomenal! (Like this photograph!)

moneythoughts said...

I think the comments are fun to read. Nice picture. My wife liked yellow roses.

Loree said...

You are not alone. There never seems to be enough time for me either :(

Anonymous said...

This is just a beautiful post. You couldn't have done better :) Hope you had a good time with your class :) Aloha my Belgian Bombshell :)

Jientje said...

@ Melli : I NEVER have too many hours in a day. Well, except when I was sick, yes.
@ The Wrought Iron Gate : Nice to meet you Kay, I love yours too!
@ kaye : Yes. Mine too.Always too short.
@ Betty : What a lovely compliment!! Thanks!
@ Bill : I could not resist. They sparkled like diamonds.
@ Carletta :Thanks!!
@ Dimple: Yes, I loved them too!
@ James : Thanks!
@ Christine: I can imagine. Hang in there my friend. Thank God for Internet and Facebook eh?
@ Ellie: Men should not be jealous. But they can always bring home roses.
@ Wanda: We call that color apricot. That must be it!
@ quilly: Thanks!!I hope to get better and better, yes. I'm having fun with it too!
@ Fred: They are indeed fun to read, so many comments on such an uninspired post? My picture reminded you of your wife? How nice. I'll bet you have many beautiful memories of her?
@ Loree: Aaaah, it's good to know I'm not the only one!!
@ Thom : I did have a good time. I made a lot of crappy pictures and learned a lot!!

Unknown said...

That is one of my favorite shades of flowers! So delicate! The droplets add a lot!

Jientje said...

@ Lisa: It's because of the fdroplets I was tempted to make this picture.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive