About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, October 26, 2009

Macro Monday, Birthday Treasures ...

mm


My beloved daughter bought me the cutest birthday present I have ever seen.


A beautiful Italian Princess who wants to live in my kitchen.
She wants to be my personal cheese grater.

She came in a box with a lovely poem on it ,
and I love her, she's so cute!

But no matter how pretty and lovely this Italian Princess is …

I got another little present I will treasure even more.


Take a look at this.

It’s an old notebook, ragged and torn …


from way back when MY own Princess



… was eleven years old.
Priceless.


More Macro Monday at Lisa’s Chaos.

24 comments:

Loree said...

Happy birthday. I love your Italian princess. And that notebook is priceless, as you have already pointed out.

Gattina said...

Now, these are wonderful gifts ! I like this scratcher ! with a cat instead of a princess it would be perfect for me, lol !

Wanda..... said...

Valerie's gifts to you reflect both her and your warm loving personalities Jientje. Her beautiful personal style and presentation of dinner at your celebration reminded me of you!
Her penmanship at 11 was perfect and I love the cheese grater!

Melli said...

Without a doubt that IS the cutest cheese grater I have EVER seen! And the notebook IS priceless -- and that page was dated on MY birthday in 1989! (I was ready to explode with twins at the time!) How is it that she saved that notebook alllllll these years? AMAZING! (I have things of the children's that I have saved - for them -- but I don't think any of THEM saved ANYthing!) LOL! That is just wonderful!

Amanda Moore said...

So sweet Jientje,
the grater is lovely but I think I would treasure that notebook as you "priceless"!

moneythoughts said...

What can I say, I was very touched by your photos and this post.

MaR said...

What a cute kitchen helper!!

kayerj said...

how sweet and what a precious gift :)

Susanne said...

That is the sweetest grater I've ever seen! I'm afraid my kids would be grating everything in sight just to use her. LOL.

Sweet notebook! I love treasures like that.

Nessa said...

Now that notebook is the best present. I love those kinds of gifts best, too.

Book Review #4 - Drood

Anonymous said...

OMG how wonderful to get that notebook from your daughter. You will cherish that forever. What a cute cheese grater. One could think it erotic when grating cheese LOL (I'm so glad Melli has already been here LOL) Wonderful my Belgian Bombshell :)

Terri said...

What a darling birthday present!! And the journal is just precious.

I'm very excited that you'll be here in Portland in ONE WEEK!!! Can you send your Portland itinerary to me please, arrival and departure times, etc.

You have such a wonderful trip planned, you must be about to burst! And the serendipity of being on the same flight with another blogger, wow. (I don't remember who just now....)

See you SOON!

quilly said...

Your Italian Princess cheese grater is adorable, but that notebook is indeed better! Memories are precious and priceless. Your photos of the notebook were inspired!

Betty W said...

What a wonderful gift! Both of them. But the notebook is so thoughtful and shows her love for you!

Dr.John said...

Great pictures of two great gifts.

Unknown said...

I love your little lady! She is so perfect. Not cold and uninviting to be grated upon! How fun to have her sitting in your kitchen and not in a drawer hidden away!

Carletta said...

LOVE the cheese grater - pretty enough to leave out and not hide in the cupboard!
I have little written books and journals from my kids - you are right - priceless. :)

RA said...

Beautiful gifts! I also love the wonderful moments in your post below. Really priceless. Have a wonderful week, Jientje :)

Unknown said...

Oh very nice! You are SO blessed! Love your new grater! She is a doll! And to reread what you daughter was thinking when she was small, how sweet!

Dave Ingram said...

These are really cool images and a touching story - I'm impressed! Nicely done.

Tammie Lee said...

That grater is so cute! The photos of it are fun. And I love the close ups of the books.

spacedlaw said...

Hooray for Pylones and their cheerful gadgets!
She is cute.

Anonymous said...

Your presents are adorable and priceless. Happy, Happy Birthday!

Best,
Paz

Becky said...

That book is priceless indeed! I have kept so many things my daughter did when she was much younger and wouldn't trade those things for anything. Have a blast on your trip to the USA!!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive