About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ruby Tuesday, Fire Truck

ruby-slippers-door-stop_copy

I don’t know how long it’s been since I first started playing Ruby Tuesday, but searching rubies has become an automatism, a weekly habit, or is it an addiction?
When I heard the Fire Fighter’s Station held open days, I just HAD to go over there and see what kind of ruby photo opportunities I would find. One of the main attractions was an old timer fire truck that stood shiny and proud next to the modern ones. The old one was much more photogenic than his contemporary brothers, so I took my time to take some pictures from different angles. It was fun, I’ve never had the opportunity to do anything like it before.
I knew right there and then this would make a nice Ruby Tuesday post.







Find more Ruby Tuesday posts at Mary’s Work of the Poet.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG the hubs on the wheels are even red. I haven't seen a fire truck like that in I can't tell you how long. It looks older to me. Very nice shots my Belgian Bombshell. Happy RT :) xoxoxox

Robin said...

It certainly is, great choice for RT!

quilly said...

That is a "hot" Ruby Tuesday set! Well photographed.

Unknown said...

That's one cool red "Beast" :)!
Lovely shots of it.

And btw. I love your new header :D!

Leora said...

You have wonderful details from those trucks. My fave is the two faucets. Those horns are cool, too. Toot, toot!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

These are great. What is it about old fire trucks that we love so much?

Gattina said...

Do you think it would come if I put some fire here in the street ? It looks so nice!

When are you arriving in Brussels tomorrow ??

Wanda..... said...

Lots of red going on there Jientje...I have two g/sons that were junior firemen...one is now taking fire science courses.

Loree said...

I love it. My son would love it too. He's sooo into firetrucks.

moneythoughts said...

The last two I liked the best. I could see them as abstract paintings. Nice work.

Nessa said...

I would like a pair of red horns.

Suburban Girl said...

Nice shots....and who doesn't love a classic red firetruck!

kayerj said...

a perfect ruby tuesday post.

Melli said...

LOL! This is a brilliantly BRIGHT series of Rubies! I love it! I especially love the two red horns! WAAAAAAY nice!

I am featuring ORANGE on my blog today! I have never gotten as addicted to red as you are! :)

James said...

That's great looking fire truck. It's different lookin than the ones that I'm used to.

Unknown said...

as always, your photography is STUNNING.

Heidi said...

Very shiney Ruby Tuesday, Jientje. Is it almost time for your U.S. tour?

Betty W said...

You found a jewel, Jientje! :) Looks great!

Jientje said...

@ Thom : I have no idea how old the truck was, but it was still looking spotless.
@ Robin : That's what I thought too!
@ quilly : Hot and noisy!
@ NicoleB : Cute eh?
@ Leora : Cool, "hot" and noisy!
@ hip chick : I have no idea. Maybe it's because they're designed to rescue people. A comforting thought?
@ Gattina : I would not try that Gattina. By the time they get to Waterloo half of Brussels might have gone up in smoke!
@ Wanda : You have heroes for grandsons? Now why does that not surprise me?
@ Loree : I can imagine!!
@ moneythoughts : Fred you are amazing. You see abstract art and paintings everywhere. I love a creative mind like yours!
@ Nessa : Honk honk!
@ Rebecca : I do!! As long as they are silent that is!
@ kaye : That's what I thought too!
@ Melli : We cannot all be addicted to the same, now can we?
@ James : It looks different than it's modern brothers here too!
@ Lou: Thank you Lou. Can't wait to get to Chicago!
@ 2Thinks : It's exactly three weeks from today Heidi. It's getting very very near now!
@ Betty : Thanks Betty!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite things to photograph, fire trucks are amazing but for RT they are perfect!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive