About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Travel Personality …



Your Travel Personality Is: The Bonder



For you, travel is less about where you're going - but who you're going with.

It's no fun to experience an amazing city or a beautiful beach without your friends.

In fact, it doesn't really matter where you go... because you and your friends always figure out how to have fun!


IMG_4661



You Are Quite Worldly



You've done a good bit of worldly exploring, and you have an international perspective.

And you're definitely looking forward to your future adventures abroad.

You've got the passport, the desire to travel, and maybe even the language skills.

Now all you need are the means!

IMG_4770



You Take the Road No One Travels



You see companionship and loyalty as what's most important in life.



You live a life of leisure. You take your time in every aspect of life and enjoy it to the fullest.



You are all about risk and randomness in your life. You travel off the beaten path... in fact, you're often the one carving the way!



You are able to find a fairly healthy balance between work and play. You work when you need to, but you never let yourself burn out.



You could have owned an indie bookstore or boutique in another life.


IMG_4674

14 comments:

quilly said...

I am the "Bonder", too!

The second test said I am "Quite Worldly," but I am certain I am not!

And that last one -- You Take the Road Less Traveled. You see life as a journey you must take alone. Independence and individuality are primary to you. Your life is quite hectic. You try to slow down when you can, but it's not easy! You're willing to take a few risks in life. You may not take the road no one travels, but you're happy to take the road less traveled. You are able to find a fairly healthy balance between work and play. You work when you need to, but you never let yourself burn out. You could have owned an indie bookstore or boutique in another life. I agree except for that "alone" thing!

Nessa said...

I used to travel more in the past but I think I may start again. I miss it.

Sean the Vampire - Part Six - A Halloween Recap

Geert said...

I did the test: adventurer. I think it's correct

Wanda..... said...

My travel personality Jientje is: The Sophisticate???well, maybe in my next life!!!

You're well educated and cultured, and the places you travel to reflect that. You appreciate the best art, food, architecture, and local flavor. A true traveler, you are destined to be multi-lingual and very worldly.
I love traveling the Blogging World!!!

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful travel personality.

Paz

Barbara H. said...

Nice quizzes for the eve of your travels!

I thought my results for the first one would have been similar to yours because I usually travel to see people, not sites, but my answer was "Easygoing" in the sense of liking a lot of downtime and not a lot of overplanning when traveling. True enough.

For the second one I got "You Are Not Very Worldly...Yet." And the last one was, "You Take the Road Everyone Travels." I didn't like that at first, but then it talked about liking family and heritage, liking to slow down, not liking risk or randomness. Very true.

Happy travels!

moneythoughts said...

Wishing you a safe and fun time. America is a relatively a young country. Although there are bright people here, there are a lot that are not too bright. Remember, Europe has over a thousand years of culture, while we think a Big Mac or a quarter pounder is fine dining. : )

Melli said...

LOL! What a PERFECT post for today!!! You are prayed up for SAFE travel and I can not WAIT to see you TOMORROW my friend!!! (ooooh... that just gave me a CHILL when I said it!)

LOOK OUT USA! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere she comes!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited!!! I thought you were going to stay back East in New York for some reason. Oh my I would love to get together. Portland is an hour from my home. I don't know what your plans are, but I would love to get together. Email me at alidaibis@gmail.com and we will work out the details.

I live in the capital of Oregon. It's small but quaint (and very wet) I would love to pick you up, show you around and we could have lunch at my house. Let me know what works for you. Wohoo!

kayerj said...

have a wonderful trip.

Anonymous said...

Have an excellent trip my friend and be safe and I look forward to your arrival in Honolulu :)

Mar said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy every second of it!!
Cheers!!

Jientje said...

@ Everyone: It won't be lo,ng now, my adventure is about to start. See you on the flip side! ;-)

Gattina said...

My result is very true !

Your Travel Personality Is: The Adventurer

For you, travel is how you learn about the world. And you like to learn the stuff that's not in guidebooks.
You truly have wanderlust. When you're not traveling, you're dreaming about where you'll go next.
And your travels are truly legendary - they leave you with stories you'll be telling for the rest of your life!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive