About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekly Winners, Another Birthday Party...


logo wwfinal

My daughter Valerie threw me a birthday party on Friday evening.
It was a lovely evening.



exchanging Birthday gifts …




More gifts…


delicious appetizers...


The chef in the kitchen.
I’m so proud of her, she made the starter and it was delicious!!


A beautiful table setting...



Eye for detail…


Good wine


… and good conversation.


Home is where the heart is…


Obvious, isn’t it?



Time passed much too fast.
Before we knew it it was past 3 AM!


Thanks Valerie and Pieter, you two gave me a fabulous Birthday party!

More Weekly Winners at Sarcastic Mom’s.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Birthday and thank you so much for capturing it and sharing the photos. What makes these pictures even more stunning is your words that go with them. Just wonderful my Belgian Bombshell. :) Have a wonderful Sunday and week ahead. It's going to be exciting for you :)

quilly said...

What a wonderful birthday!

Valerie looks a lot like her mom -- absolutely beautiful.

Betty W said...

Your daughter is lovely! And obliviously a great cook! Sounds like you had a great time!

Tara R. said...

The wrapping on your gifts was almost too pretty to open. Sounds like a lovely party. Happy belated Birthday!

Rita Loca said...

Thanks for letting us share your lovely party!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Happy birthday. Sounds like a wonderful time.

Cortney @ evanhaslanded.com said...

What a beautiful party! Happy Birthday! Love the appetizer photo - yummy and the spoons are awesome!

moneythoughts said...

I agree with all of the above comments. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Amy said...

It looks wonderful! Happy Birthday!!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Looks like a fun party!

Ballerina Girl said...

so cute the little bear napkin ring holders!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Looks like fun was had by all...
BG

Danifred said...

What beauty- the gift wrapping, the food, the table setting!
Happy Birthday!

Gattina said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration you had ! Your daughter has the same eyes as you !!
We had a lot of visitors in our exhibition and now I am half dead ! I just had a look on the emails. But I realize I am too tired to answer them all !

Jientje said...

@ Thom : It sure is!
@ quilly : Thanks Quilly, she does. That's so precious.
@ Betty : They had outdone themselves. It was delicious, all of it!
@ Tara R. : Would you believe if I said we even had the same wrapping paper, my daughter and I! Great minds?
@ Jungle Mom : You're welcome, it was my pleasure!
@ Secret Mom Thoughts: yes, it was!
@ Mama Zen: Thank you!
@ Cortney @ evanhaslanded.com : It was delicious!
@ moneythoughts : You're welcome Fred!
@ Amy: Thanks! It WAS wonderful!
@ Kristi: It was!
@ Ballerina Girl: She got them from me once!
@ Danifred : Thank you!!!
@ Gattina: She has beautiful eyes, so true!
I am glad the exhibition was such a great success Gattina! Tomorrow is another day, your emails won'ty go anywhere!

secret agent mama said...

Oh, I just love your daughter. She looks so sweet. Great shots, J!!

Melli said...

Sounds to me "Like mother/Like daughter"... she looks so much like you -- and you BOTH love to cook! And she has DARLING little spoons! Just LOOK at them! HOW CUTE!!! You are blessed!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday. What a sweet daughter!

Unknown said...

I think you shall miss all your fabulous foods while you're traveling! You have a lovely daughter!

Sarah @ TM2TS said...

What a great set of photos, and a great way to present them!

kayerj said...

what a nice birthday dinner--I loved the spoon shot too.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Happy birthday and what lovely shots ...

James said...

Now that sounds like a happy birthday. Nice shots and a nice time.

Avril said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Everything looked perfect ... decor -(love the tiny bears!), food, wine, family ... just perfect!
I must do the reflections post over weekends - have so many from our Irish trip!

Nessa said...

Such a lovely birthday celebration. What was the appetizer on the spoons?

Book Review #4 - Drood

The French Bear said...

It all looked so good, and you had a great time!!!! I am so happy your birthday was wonderful! I wish I could have been there!
Happy Birthday!!!!
Margaret B

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive