About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Things You really NEED to Know … About Me…

Thom passed this award on to me. It’s one of the many he passes on each week, and I’m afraid I cannot keep up with him! But this one came with a list of questions, and I think they’re always a nice way to share a little bit more about yourself.
Things you really really NEED to know about me.
Who I am, what I think, what I like …

Now I know this award looks a bit funny, but that’s just Dr John’s sense of humor and his interpretation of awards.

intaward

Do you think you’re hot?
That depends upon the meaning of hot. I looked it up, and there are 37 different ways to interpret “hot”.

6. Informal. having a strong enthusiasm; eager: hot for travel.
Hmm, I guess I am.

15. Informal. popular and commercially successful; in demand; marketable: A 105 followers and even more subscribers, dare I say I’m a hot blogger?
Hmm, I don’t know?

16. Slang. extremely lucky, good, or favorable: A poker player has to have a hot hand to win the pot.
Maybe I have a hot eye then?

Please upload your favorite picture

I can never do that. I can never pick just one picture.

moments in my life

Why do you love this picture?
I picked a collage of collages, happy moments, and things that make me smile …
There’s so much in there that makes my life.
When was the last time you ate pizza?
Last Friday, when we went to Pizza Hut.
What was the latest song you’ve heard?
The one that’s in my head now. Knowing me, knowing you, by Abba.
What are you doing while working on this game?
I’m thinking what else I need to do today.
What is your favorite nickname? Jientje
What kind of person are you? A happy one.
What is your favorite song?
Like pictures, I can never pick but one. It should be a never ending playlist.
What is your favorite food?
Like music, I have more than one favorite thing to eat, it all depends on the mood!
What is the most stressful thing to you?
Being LATE. I don’t get stressed easily, but the idea of not getting to an appointment on time and have people waiting for me is something that freaks me out. I prefer being an hour early to being late, even if it’s only five minutes.
Mention the 3 must-have items on your purse
Three sets of home keys.
What is your favorite color/s?
Purple, turquoise, yellow, green, white, brown black … again, I can never pick but one!
What is your not full-filled-yet dream?
The dream I had almost a year ago is now coming true for me. My dream was to one day meet some of my Blogging friends across the ocean. In less than three weeks I will be living that dream. A BIG thank you to the friends that are making this possible. Thank you Melli, Terri, Quilly, Thom and Lou. Thanks for having me and showing me your world. And thanks to my husband for letting me live this dream.
What is your favorite city to stay?
It’s not a city, it’s a small rural village. The village of my grandmother.

intaward

There is no limitations on how many you can tag or pass the awards on to.
I’m passing the award AND the tag, on to:

Kay, at thewroughtirongate.
Joyce, at Flour Power
Libby, at Neas Nuttiness
Margaret, at The French Bear
And Kathie at a Sparrow’s Home

15 comments:

quilly said...

Abba -- two of their songs are currently posted on my blog. What lead you to them, today?

Anonymous said...

Congrats and I'm glad you did this. 3 sets of keys...LOL. Too Funny. I'm so with you on being late. Wonderful answer on that one. Your pictures...well they are all the bomb and how clever to do a collage. And your Grandmother's village...awesome. Well done my Belgian Bombshell. Congrats to those you passed this one to.

Wanda..... said...

Well, one thing we learned is you don't choose favorites from the many favorites you have...and what a happy and grateful soul you are Jientje, but I think I already knew that myself!!!

Caution/Lisa said...

I can't wait to hear all about your adventures on your upcoming trip. THREE sets of housekeys?? Do they all hold the same keys or do you have that many locks?

Nessa said...

Variety is the spice of life.

moneythoughts said...

I know your pictures. I think I could spot them on a wall with other photographers mixed in, as you have a great eye. Now we get to learn something of your soul, and that too is as great as your eye. I enjoyed reading your answers. I too do not like to be late for any reason or keep someone waiting, and quite often I will arrive early. Considerate people behave like that.

Melli said...

LOL! I seem to remember ONE of the rules of that award was to never ever EVER tell where it originated! LOL! But you are right - this was all stuff that I absoluuuuutely need to know about you! And I do not like being late either! I hope I'm not LATE to the Airport!!!

Gattina said...

I love Abba too ! your collage is very nice, I hate these interviews ! I think I have given all possible answers now in 3 years. I don't do it anymore unless it is something very interesting and not longer then 5 questions !
With the awards it's something, at the very beginning I was so proud to get one, now I can open a second blog only with awards, lol !

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

These are fun! Guess what...you are my favorite color TWIN....purple, turquoise and teal are my faves but I also love them all!!

The French Bear said...

You rascal, I am reading this, laughing at your answers and then I see my name....... haha!!
Thanks for thinking of me!!! I will try to get to post about it later, I have the night shift today, love learning new things about you! We do have some things in common, I would love to come and visit my blog friends from across the ocean too!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Betty W said...

I am totally like you on being late! I HATE it!! And my hubby is the opposite....you know how stressful that is?? :)
Your dream of meeting fellow bloggers is mine as well. What a trip that would be! I´m so happy for you, and can´t wait to hear about your travels!

United Studies said...

Very interesting to know some more about you....I too get stressed out about being late!

Ellie said...

You are a fascinating person. So talented. I bet your family is proud of you and I really enjoyed your choices of pictures.

Willow said...

I enjoyed getting to know more about you. Enjoy your travels!

Islandsparrow said...

well . . .

Lots of fun reading those answers. I love all the people in your collage - especially older people - such interesting faces, full of life and rich in years.

And thanks for the award - those questions need thinking about!

I hope you have a marvelous trip - I'm looking forward to the photos.

xo
Kathie

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive