The last Fave Five of September, can you believe that?
Summers usually end early ion Belgium and we all know we should be grateful for every ray of sunshine we get in September. For every sunny blue sky instead of rain we hold our breaths and thank the weather gods.
It’s as if we’re getting a refund or something for all the rainy Summers we’ve endured the last couple of years, it’s still sunny and lovely out here!! Yaaaay!!!
** Knocks on wood**
1. Because we KNOW sunny days are gifts from heaven, we took a day off last Friday to go on a photo walk together at the arboretum. We got some exercise, fresh air and photo practice all in one go! We had a lovely afternoon together.
2. Saturday morning was dedicated to photography as well, we had a group excursion to put the theory into practice. I made a load of crappy pictures, but I learned a lot.
3. I was up very early on Sunday. It was a bit foggy, and that inspired me to grab my camera to try and catch that mysterious misty atmosphere. When I left the house I gasped seeing this gorgeous sunrise, and I hurried to the canal to capture it. I arrived just in time to make one photo before it disappeared. The village was still asleep and I enjoyed the silence and the peacefulness of this early morning walk.
4. On Tuesday, I had some fun in the kitchen preparing the quince. It was lovely to watch how they got the most beautiful rosy blush as the scent of vanilla, cardamom and cinnamon filled the house. It was a lot of work, quince are very hard, cutting them and coring them was almost like a work out but it was worth it!
The jam and quince paste I made that same day taste delicious as well.
5. Yesterday afternoon I had a pedicure appointment. I little bit of luxury I indulge myself once a month. Over the years, Anne has become a friend and our monthly get together is so much more than just a pedicure routine. It’s so relaxing to just sit back while being spoiled and pampered. A cup of coffee, with a little chocolate on the side, a little foot massage, some nail polish … and some girl talk. Thanks Anne!
My week was wonderful as you can see. It went by much too fast, as usual.
How was yours?
Visit Susanne’s Living to Tell the Story to read more Fave Five posts.