About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday's Fave Five from Provence





Five Favourite things from Provence, France:


The local markets.

Cute shops.

Fresh produce.


Eating outside.


And music.

( I'll introduce them to you tomorrow. Make sure you come back, they're worth it!)

All of this happens OUTSIDE !!

*Waving at you from Carpentras*.
(On Friday mornings we visit the weekly market at Carpentras)

PS: Click on the link to see the latest news on Carpentras. I have uploaded one of my pictures in the photogallery!
A bientot! See you later!

14 comments:

quilly said...

Incredible photos! I wish I were there!

United Studies said...

I, too, wish I was there. It just seems so relaxing....something I am not getting at home at the moment.

Caution/Lisa said...

I suspect that even if I were there, I wouldn't see it quite as beautifully as you do:)

Islandsparrow said...

Sigh . . . how lovely!! Your photos are stunning. I'm looking forward to more.

Nessa said...

Your food shots always make me hungry. And those musicians are so very cool.

Doug The Una said...

Beau fin-de-semaine!

A Lady's Life said...

Love outdoor markets They are so much fun to shop in.The pics are real nice :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent and so nice there. I can just taste the food and hear the music :) It doesn't even seem like you are gone with these posts. Well done :)

Wanda..... said...

You are having too much fun...you won't want to go home...The vegetables in the bowl with the basil in the background just shouts out to me!

Wonderful...felt like I saw it in person!

Melli said...

Would ya look at the SIZE of those artichokes?!!! Awwww maaaaaan! And I know I'm gonna LOVE that music! I already do and I can't even hear it! I neeeeeeed a trip to Provence! Yes I do!

Evelyn said...

Catching up with your blog. I'm so envious of you being in Provence! Don't you just love Saignon? We ate at the Auberge du Presbytere and it was fabulous! I'm anxious to hear about the musicians. Have a wonderful vacation.

Unknown said...

I love the look of Provence. And your photos are just lovely.

Robin said...

Hey, I've been to the Carpentras market! All of these wonderful photos are making me long to return to Provence.

I hope you're having a wonderful time Jientje.

Susanne said...

Markets in the streets. How fun! And I love listening to street musicians. Looks like your vacation is full of good food, good fun and good listening!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive