About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday's Fave Five, Life is Good.


Friday's Fave Five, one of my favourite meme's, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. Time to look back on the week that has passed and share some of my favourite moments.
There are always many more than just five, so here we go ...


1. My patio garden is now in full bloom. The plants are thriving, I so enjoy looking outside and see all the colourful flowers. I just love to go outside every morning and tend to them a little.

2. The sound of the water trickling down our little fountain on the patio. A recent gift from my hubby and I absolutely LOVE it. The sound of the water is so relaxing, and you know you just can't resist a smile looking at that sunny water gushing figure.

3. The new pictures I put into my photo frames. One of the finishing touches of my living room project was to replace some of the portraits by new ones I took more recently. I love how it looks now. Only one more empty frame, I'm still undecided about which picture I should put in there.

4. Bokrijk Museum Park, revisited. We had bought a ticket for the whole season last week. Some special events were planned last weekend, so we decided to drive up there again and enjoy another wonderful day there. There were reenactment scenes with actors and actresses, and this inspired me to do some portrait photography. I'm usually rather shy to point my camera at people, but performers and actors usually don't mind being photographed, so I tried and I think I took some good ones. Portrait photography might become one of my next photo challenges I think.

5. My cat. If my cat was human, she would probably be diagnosed as autistic. Any change out of the usual routine drives her nuts. Remodeling the living room totally disorientated her and she spent the first week under the bed in the guest room. But since a day or two, she seems okay with the change. She's found a space of her own in the living room again and she happily snuggles up to me when I sit on the couch. I lit some candles last night and just enjoyed the sight of my newly decorated living room, my cat purring on my lap. Life is good.


Find more Fave Five's at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story. I'm always very much looking forward to read how everybody else's week has been!


Oh by the way, there is something I need to ask. Did anybody experience any trouble when visiting my site or trying to leave a comment lately? And could you please tell me what browser you use? You see, some of my Belgian friends, my sister and my daughter told me they get kicked off my blog lately as soon as they try to open the comment box. After I downloaded Explorer 8, I experienced the same problems, so I think this might be the cause of this?
I have uninstalled IE 8, and I have followed Thom's advice to use Mozilla Firefox. This has solved the problem for me, everything works just fine for me now but if you have any problems at all, please let me know?

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know some of the simple things in life, such as the water trickling, or adding photos or even looking at your garden bring such great pleausre. I love that kind of thing and for you to share that is just awesome. Your cat sounds like a typical cat to me...no wonder I don't like 'em LOL Don't follow orders, don't sit, don't fetch...pffft...what good are they LOL. The park sounds great and the pictures you have already shared are of course awesome. So a people meme huh...uh oh. Hope the browser thing gets solved. As I say I didn't have any problem using IE8, Chromne or Firefox. Excellent week my friend. Have a teriffic Friday :)

Wanda..... said...

Hi Jientje
No problems here for me!...Your photos are always so perfect and your home has such beauty and charm...I love the old world feel of your photos of the area...and thank you again for being so kind.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I am not having trouble with the comment box. If you are interested there are two neat flikr groups. One is 100 strangers and the other is just as we are. They are portrait "challenge" type groups. It's a great way to challenge yourself. I have been doing it to get better at portrait photography. Oh, and also a blog called I heart faces. There is a link for both all of them on my photo blog. You may have to search on my labels.
I love your Friday fives.

United Studies said...

I sometimes have problems with the comment box, which is why you will see days where I don't comment. I guess I could hop on Facebook and let you know.

Thanks for sharing the photos...and I agree. We are very lucky to have the men we have!!

Debby said...

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing.
debby

Heidi said...

Your blog is always so relaxing. That's why I like to come over here and gaze at your pictures and calming words in the morning w/my coffee. It is a gift. Thank you.

Heidi in Michigan, where it is still not warm enough in the morning to go for a walk without a coat and hat. Jeepers.

Gattina said...

and I had all my petunias eaten up by snails ! It's a desaster, I put a product in the flower pots but I think I have to replace some.

Libby's Library said...

I'm really trying to use my super macro, but I just seem to be all thumbs - but I'm gonna keep working on it!!!

The French Bear said...

Beautiful pictures as always! You should take portrait photos, you're good at it!! Some times the comment box does that, but I just hit preview until it resets itself and then hit post comment. No worries, have a great weekend!!!
Margaret B

Anonymous said...

I like the lady's hat. I have an old piture of my grandmother in her youth with a similar hat - only there was a friut in beteen the flowers and feathers - full treat :)

Melli said...

You are having sO much fun with that home re-do! Especially now that the MAJOR work is done! The finising touches are the FUN part! I know just how you are! I love colorful flowers too - and to go tend them just a little. I don't like not understanding why they die and WEEDS. (but that is the glory of pots! no weeds! unless you set them under the bird-feeder!) I do love the portraits you showed today - they are excellent.

I've had no problems with your blog - but I have always used FF!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I use Firefox and it has worked beautifully :)
Have a great weekend!

RA said...

Great Friday's Fave Five! I love the visualization. I have no problems to comment here, but I have read on the Blogger Help Group about some similar IE browser problems. Have a wonderful weekend, Jientje :)

quilly said...

Isn't it great to get the house fixed all cozy and then just curl up, relax and look at the results? There is contentment! I love your photos, your home looks so cozy!

I have had no trouble on your blog -- other than being forbidden to register -- but I have always used Firefox.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I'm not sure where else to put this...I posted some of my 100 strangers pictures with a link on my blog if you are interested.

A Lady's Life said...

mozilla is great. So glad your cat is getting back to normal
Mine is so curious he would sit and watch in wonder and walk ahead of me as if to say hey follow me,,, my stomach is grumbling.
That's all he is concerned about.
He'd be more like Heathcliff lol
He's getting old now and limps once in a while.
Oh well.

Momisodes said...

Wow! I love everything in bloom. They are just gorgeous. I haven't had any issues viewing or commenting here. I'm using Firefox :)

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

This was a nice post, your garden looks so pretty, my sister loves her garden as well and she has water trickling as well as a fish pond. Just hearing the water makes me to go and pee.

Glad you enjoyed your day at the museum, I am sure you will make a wonderful portrait photographer.

Cats are a funny lot, if I re-arrange anything my Haimish does not approve, so it has been awhile since I've made any changes. Glad your cat has accepted things and found her favorite spot.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Hey Jientje - I have had major problems since the IE8 update. Parts of my page won't load, sites I visit don't retain my info, and things disappears. I've written to them four times and sure hope things get straightened out. But I'm even having moderate problems through Firefox so the fault is not completely with IE. Blogger needs a fix, too. Love the photos!! Very peaceful. :) (We need that with all these irritations!) lol

Eve said...

No problems getting into your site or your comments. What a nice change for me. :D I love your 5 favorites. Very serene and peaceful - soothing to the soul all of them.

Dr.John said...

I use firefox . I hate explorer.
Great pictures of a good week.

Jientje said...

@ Thom: I can't believe you don't like cats!
I'm a cat person, no doubt about that! I love dogs too, but I don't think I'll ever own one. I like a pet with a mind of it's own. Just like humans.
@ Wanda: I'm glad you have no problems.
@ hip chick: I think that might interest me. Might give that a try while on holiday?
@ Jacki: Just tell me when you have problems, okay?
@ Debby: thanks!
@ 2Thinks: A gift? Why thank you for the compliment!
@ Gattina: ewww!
@ Libby: Keep trying, you can do it!
@ The French Bear: I'm thinking of challenging myself with this. I'd LOVE to do good portraits, I love people so much, I think I could do it?
@ Ellievellie: Aaah, the memories!
@ Melli: Yes, I think you know how I am, you do!
@ Kirsti: My Firefox is acting up today. Or rather, it's not acting at all!
@ Rosidah: and a great weekend to you, my friend. Thanks for the tip!
@ Quilly: It is, I enjoy it so much!
@ hip chick: I've seen them, they're great!
@ A Lady's Life: Yeah, mine is an old lady too. Awww!
@ Momisodes: Glad it works for you. Can't do without you!
@ Bill: Yeah, you know all about cats, don't you. They are a funny lot, and mine sure is!
@ Robynn: I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you had, but I'm glad I'm not alone then? My Firefox won't load either, so this sucks, completely!
@ Eve: I'm glad you like it!
@ Dr John: I heard it before. Thanks!

Melli said...

WE call holy communion Holy Communion! And congratulations to your wee niece who gets to have her first! That is very exciting - though probably not to her! Although I bet she got a really pretty dress out of the deal! Can't wait to see the pictures - I know Auntie Jientje will do a knock out job!

Anonymous said...

Jientje, your photo work here is great my main purpose for this visit tho is because I had heard of you anniversary on Thursday and wanted to say congratulations, I hope you have many more to follow!

Kathy said...

Hi Jientje, Love your mosaic and fave five. I could listen to the fountain all day every day so soothing, (what a sweet hubby you have).
PLEASE! take my squirrel (he comes complete with his own bird feeder house lol).
I had probs when upgrading to IE8 so switched to FF and (touch wood) it has been excellent. happy weekend, Kathy.

Jientje said...

@ Melli: It is not her First Communion though, she did that six years ago, she's twelve now.
Oh, an yes, you can be sure of that!
@ aguthrie: Thanks, thay's so sweet of you!
@ Mama: Yes, indeed, I have a sweet hubby!
But now my FF is acting up as well! Duh!

Robin said...

Site seems fine to me (with IE).

Funny how differently different people perceive things - I heard running water tonight and raced outside in a panic to see what was leaking! Turns out it was just the neighbor washing her balcony, but we've had way too many "water" issues here and the sound of running water outside makes my blood run cold.

------------------------------------
Summer Stock Sunday is up and running - come join the fun!

Unknown said...

So many great images!! I love your tabletop full of frames! :)

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive