About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, June 15, 2009

Macro Monday, Pretty in Pink


One year ago, while on holiday in La Provence, I made my first attempts at close up photography. Mind you, my little Canon point and shoot did not have a real macro function like the one I have now. I had never even heard of DOF or AV priority, and the word bokeh sounded very exotic to me! Anyway, one way or another, I managed to take a couple of close ups that came out rather well. They were probably very lucky shots, but still, I think they're good enough to share. Looking back, I think I can be proud of the progress I have made and the things I've learned since then. I can't wait to see what I'll be able to come up with this year...









*Waving at you from La Provence, France*

15 comments:

RA said...

I'm waving back at you from Indonesia :). Wonderful shots even without real macro function.

quilly said...

Lovely, indded. I think an Oleander was also my first closeup!

United Studies said...

Waving to you from Virginia! Very beautiful flowers...

Faye said...

Love how you captured the paper thin quality of the flower petals in the second photo. And it's only a year that you've been working on this?

Melli said...

They look great to me! That's all I get...

Kathy said...

Waving back at you Jientje, these shots are wonderful, cannot wait to see what you see and capture this viist to La Provence.

MaR said...

Gorgeous shots!! enjoy your time in the Provence!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Beauty to start my day.....oh thank you, Jientje!

Nessa said...

*waving back*

I wish I could do half as good as your beginning shots.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Belgian Bombshel...wonderful photos. Just excellent. *waving back to you at La Provence, France

Libby's Library said...

I'm waving back, and wising that I was there with you!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous!

Joys of summer :)!

Caution/Lisa said...

Waving back from Detroit. Your photography is simply stunning. Thanks for sharing your art.

Gattina said...

Beautiful ! A good camera makes the difference !
hope you have sunshine and warm weather !!

Heidi said...

I think my new point and shoot actually has a macro function. I have a lot to learn about it.

Heidi

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive