About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, June 25, 2009

When the Lady Smiles.


If you've travelled to France before, you'll probably know using a French restroom CAN be a bit of a challenge.
Follow me.


You just NEVER KNOW what you're going to find in there....



Air freshener French style?


I rated this one five stars. And you know why?
Because it's more or less clean? Uh-uh.
The paper towels and the soap?
Nope. Although I must add this is a rare luxury In France.
But there was something else ...


No, wait ... not that one.
Yes, they LOVE their Art in France.

Hang on.

Look ...



This is where they hid her!!

12 comments:

Korie said...

Um, eew. The only bathrooms I4ve seen in Belgium that are that bleh looking are the ones in the small trainstations like Dampoort or Berchem.

Anonymous said...

YOu are too funny with this. Love it. I can't believe the bathrooms are like that...well yes I can...they are all over ... Just no Mona in there :)

Wanda..... said...

A little primitive but charming never the less!

Kathy said...

I feel sorry for Lisa, I hope she does the decent thing and averts her eyes hehe, your too funny Jientje.

Nessa said...

Now we know why she has that look on her face.

Unknown said...

Où est le siège des toilettes? or Waar is de verdomde toilet zitten?

But the pictures are nice.

United Studies said...

Hahha...I was about to say the same thing that Nessa did!

I have been wondering what to do with 2 of our bathrooms...now I know. I am going to paint it and hang reproductions of classic paintings.

Melli said...

ROFL! Hm... I wonder what was in the men's room?

Libby's Library said...

This is sooooooooo funny. I never know what I'm gonna find when I stop by your place...but I do know that whatever it is - I'll enjoy it!

quilly said...

Well that certainly explains Mona's bemused smile! But you know what I really noticed? You put your name in the toilet! Don't flush!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

We would really know why she was smiling if she was hanging like that in the men's room...

Becky said...

Mona Lisa watching over you, too funny! Those bathrooms are pitiful!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive