About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ruby Tuesday Poppies and Window Views

I am on holliday, so this means I can do anything I want basically?
I can do a Window View on a Tuesday and a Ruby on a Thursday, it makes no difference, right?
As long as there is SOMEthing, right?

But when rubies and windows all come together ...

No greater window views than the ones in Provence, France.
And when you add some vibrant red poppies, this is what you get.



I saw this one in Fontaine de Vaucluse on our way up to the well. The pink wall, blue shutters, the white fence and red poppies. So French. I loved it. Still do.


This window is at a bakery shop in Le Beaucet. A beautiful little village.
Poppies, cornflower and dandelions, my favourite wild flowers for as long as I can remember.
I wonder what I'm going to find this year? Hmmm.

*Waves from Provence*


19 comments:

Ballerina Girl said...

Beautiful!
I also really like the shots of the girl below...

Hope you are continuing to enjoy your holiday!
BG

Nessa said...

The second photo is so typically French. Beautiful.

United Studies said...

Beautiful...I am really envious right now. And whenever I see poppies, I think of the movie "The Wizard of Oz."

Unknown said...

*Waves right back* Lovely pictures - of a lovely place. I hope you are enjoying yourself.

Susanne said...

You are definitely making me want to go to France! So pretty.

Libby's Library said...

I can close my eyes, and smell the bread baking at the bakery... and feel a breeze blowing gently against my skin - NOT - the neighbors are burning trash again, and it's HOT HOT HOT here, and no wind at all:-(
Hope you have a wonderful time in France!

Unknown said...

Totally awesome - love them :)!

A Lady's Life said...

Love poppies. They are immortal.
lol

quilly said...

Gorgeous! The more you show us, the more I want to see!

Anonymous said...

*Waves to Provence. Great photos as usual. The second one with the red flowers is just awesome. Hope you are having a great time :)

Suburban Girl said...

Sigh, your photos are gorgeous. I would love to be able to take photos like yours.

Heidi said...

Gorgeous!
Heidi

Wanda..... said...

I envy your beautiful trip Jientje...but will settle for your beautiful photos !

Carleen said...

You take the most beautiful photos! I hope that you're enjoying your vacation. :)

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Loved the pictures, the second one was my favorite. You are using your new camera and putting to good use for all of us. Thank you for sharing.

If you get a chance, visit the blog, I got a couple of pictures up of my lads, they are so fotogenic, I thnk my Haimish loves to have his picture taken.

Enjoy your holidays, and looking forward to more beautiful pictures.

Gattina said...

Lovely !

Melli said...

I think poppies are MY favorite wild flower too! They are SO cheerful!

kayerj said...

Love your picture. I just love poppies, I was in a mountain meadow over the weekend that was filled with wild poppies, I've never seen them grow wild like that. I was amazed.

Barbara said...

Oh my I love these captures. Hope your vacation is enjoyable. Smiles Barbara

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive