About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer Stock Sunday, Summer in Provence

Beautiful windows ...

A picnic in the shade with a glass of cool rosé wine ...

A sunflower field ...

Lavender, poppies and wild flowers ...

Or a beautiful sunset ...
Um ..., no the city was NOT on fire ... ;-)

Summer does not get any better than this ...

Waving at you from ...



my comfortable chair in the shade ....

22 comments:

Mar said...

Gorgeous is an understatement!!
I am sure you are having a wonderful time. I haven't been here often...because I simply cannot look at your header! macro shots of insects make me shiver, sorry about that, I know it's weird but I cannot help it!
The sunflowers are magnificent, they always make me smile.

Robin said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jientje, I wish I was there. My favorite is the window shot - what a winner!

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Beautful Jientje, the field of Poppies and the Sunset are my favorite.

Wanda..... said...

Such beautiful scenery...an ocean of sunflowers...a field of poppies and lavender...and then the burning sunset...one needs a nice comfortable place to sit to digest such views.

Jessica Insley Sieghart said...

You always have the most gorgeous pictures! I'm growing sunflowers on the side of my house this year. The plants are about a foot tall right now, but I'm hoping to get some beauties in the near future. Hopefully, my pics will be as beautiful as yours, but I seriously doubt it.

Jessica The Rock Chick
http://rantsrock.com

Cherie said...

Beautiful! I hope you're having a wonderful time. :)

Leora said...

Such a variety of beauty in one post! Love the poppies and lavender in the field. Gorgeous. And the windows are so charming.

Susanne said...

So, so beautiful! Your picnic looks yummy! Such a romantic thought, a picnic in France. :v)

Loved all your pictures.

The French Bear said...

Wonderful photos, beautiful as if we were right there, I can almost smell the lavender!!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Anonymous said...

The crust of the French bread - with butter and black coffe - I want to teleport myself on that picnic cloth between the sunflower and the poppy field! You work is such a beauty!

Nessa said...

I'm on my way to join you (in my head anyway.) Beautiful.

Grace Albaugh said...

So simple, so lovely, so wish I were there.

Melli said...

*sigh*... waving back... *sigh*

Barbara said...

What a relaxing set of captures. The sun flowers really captured my eye as I love the composition. Beautiful Hope your weekend was a good one. Smiles Barbara

Anonymous said...

Those are some amazing photographs. And might I ask what is that insect in your blog header?

Wishing you a scent-sational summer stock sunday from california!
Patty

Libby's Library said...

Oh Jientje - those sunflowers are so beautiful. I'm so glad that you are having a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures. Funny I posted a sunflower last week and it is no comparison to yours. Excellent my Belgian Bombshell :)

VioletSky said...

Somehow, French window shots are so enchanting.
Love the poppies and lavender ... and the sunflowers - magnifique.

Sarah Lulu said...

Such beautiful photos!

Greetings from Australia.

United Studies said...

sigh....and here I go....having to spend the day cleaning my house...I am so jealous!

maryt/theteach said...

Oh my jientje, outstanding photos for Summer Stock Sunday! They are all perfect and frameable! :)

kayerj said...

the perfect place for summer. this weeks summer stock photo can be seen here

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive