About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm baaaaack!!!



Hi, it's me, I'm back from my holliday in France.
First of all, I want to thank all of you, loyal visitors and followers of this blog for all the comments you left here while I was away. I can't begin to describe how much this means to me, and how much fun I had reading them all.
It's been wonderful. But it's good to be back too.

The weather was great, the food was divine, and the scenery, as always breathtaking.
I don't know how many ( hundreds of) pictures I took, but there are many...
Lavender fields, poppy fields, sunflowers, old doors and windows.
Pictures of bugs making whoopie and jeu de boules with the locals ...

I promise I will ( try to ) catch up with all of you as soon as I can.
Right now, there is so much "stuff" that needs my attention, I don't know where to start!

17 comments:

Heidi said...

Yes Jientje, I feel the same way about so much to do and not knowing where to start. We have just arrived home from a week's vacation too! I had fun keeping up with your pictures while you were gone. Yours are the very best, in my opinion. Welcome home.
Heidi

Unknown said...

Relax. Take it easy and take your time. We are ALL WAITING to see your pictures, but they aren't going to disappear if they aren't posted in the next two minutes. It's just good to have you home - and know that the pictures are coming.

MaR said...

Welcome back!! I simply love your new header!!
Take it easy, take it slowly, we'll wait :)

Barbara said...

I can smell the lavendar from here.... and I absolutely love your new header. Have a great week. Smiles Barbara

Melli said...

LOL! Coming HOME is always the HARD part of vacation! Get settled in.... start the laundry... grab a cuppa... and visit!

Kathy said...

Hi Jientje, Welcome back and just look what you brought us, a magnificent field of lavender, just beautiful. My sister is packing right now to go back to the UK, it has been so much fun having her visit and it will be sad to wave her off at the airport, but at least I can now get back to blogging full time lol, :-). I need to see all your pics of Provence, hugs, Kathy.

Anonymous said...

Hallo - and Welcome back. Glad you have returned. What a great photo and your header is wonderful.

Wanda..... said...

Welcome back Jientje...lavender, poppies, and sunflowers...I love them all!

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Welcome home Jienje, Thank you for sharing some of your Holidays with us through pictures and story.

kayerj said...

sounds like a wonderful trip, love the lavender :)

Anonymous said...

I like your new header! Lavender fields look great - no scorpions there :) Glad you enjoied your trip. Also I made a "Blanc" picture at your request - to selebrate your French experiance :)

Becky said...

Welcome Home! It's always so nice to go on a vacation but I like it even more when I get back home and there is my comfy bed calling my name!

Carletta said...

I thought I saw you a couple of places today.
Glad you're safely back.
Yes, the lavender field is beautiful! :)
Carletta’s Captures</a

Jientje said...

@ 2Thinks: Thanks for visiting me and commenting while I was away. I had so much fun reading all the comments!
@ Lou: Thanks, that's sweet of you. I'm working on it!
@ Mar: I changed it especially for you, because you told me you loathe insects!
@ Barbara: Thanks!
@ Melli: I will!
@ Mama: And I am looking forward to see YOUR pictures!
@ Thom: It's so nice to be welcomed back by everyone!
@ Wanda: I'm sure you do!
@ Bill: There will be more to come!
@ Kaye: it was!
@ ellievellie: Oooh, how nice, I'm thrilled! Thanks!
@ Becky: As a matter of fact, I haven't slept well since I came back!
@ Carletta: Looking forward to visit you again too!

Carleen said...

Welcome back! Your new header reminds me of an old song called "Lavender Blue," and now I'll be singing it all day long. :) Can't wait to see your photos after you've rested up and caught up.

Carleen said...

Ooops! I didn't mean the header -- even a city girl can see that's wheat or some other grain, LOL! I meant the photo with this post. :)

Unknown said...

your pics were absolutely fabulous! Through the pics I can see myself looking at what you are looking at! I am so intrigued by your photos. They are beautiful.... and what a fun fun fun scavanger hunt! Next time I will join in! It might be a little alarming what I capture here in the desert!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive