About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday Something, Old Doors in France

Did you know how I love doors?
I do.
I have collected some real treasures over the years.
I'm sharing a couple of them today. Enjoy ...


Séguret 2008

Venasque 2008

Venasque 2008


Le Barroux 2008

Le Beaucet 2008


Le Barroux 2008


Click the links to learn more about these pretty villages.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, those are some real Beauties!
Wonderful shots and finds!

Anonymous said...

Now those are some doors I tell ya...excellent my friend :)

Nessa said...

Gorgeous.

Melli said...

They are WONDERFUL doors! I love doors too -- I don't find ANY quite as old as you've got though - it might have something to do with the age of my country! But even some MODERN doors are beautiful! I keep my eye out!

Libby's Library said...

So much more interesting that our new doors. Much more character - don't you think.

Gosh Jientje, I've almost felt as if I were there with you...and I can't wait to see more!

Becky said...

I love the white door with the 2 big shutters! Makes you want to peek inside and see who lives there!

Heidi said...

It's nice to have your pictures to look at again, as I have just arrived home from vacation at the lake where we had no internet access or television. It was heaven in Michigan. Your doors are fabulous!

Dr.John said...

I love the pictures.
As i look at each drawer I think it has a history. People camre and went through those doors.
Behind some things were stored and behind others people lived.

Wanda..... said...

Each of those doors must have a story of interest...if doors could talk?

quilly said...

You have found doors with wonderful personality! I find myself trying to imagine who it is that has walked through these doors.

Barbara said...

Wow... I just love every single one of these..... Such charactore in these doors. Smiles Barbara

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive