- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, June 5, 2009
Friday's Fave Five, Life is Good.
Friday's Fave Five, one of my favourite meme's, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. Time to look back on the week that has passed and share some of my favourite moments.
There are always many more than just five, so here we go ...
1. My patio garden is now in full bloom. The plants are thriving, I so enjoy looking outside and see all the colourful flowers. I just love to go outside every morning and tend to them a little.
2. The sound of the water trickling down our little fountain on the patio. A recent gift from my hubby and I absolutely LOVE it. The sound of the water is so relaxing, and you know you just can't resist a smile looking at that sunny water gushing figure.
3. The new pictures I put into my photo frames. One of the finishing touches of my living room project was to replace some of the portraits by new ones I took more recently. I love how it looks now. Only one more empty frame, I'm still undecided about which picture I should put in there.
4. Bokrijk Museum Park, revisited. We had bought a ticket for the whole season last week. Some special events were planned last weekend, so we decided to drive up there again and enjoy another wonderful day there. There were reenactment scenes with actors and actresses, and this inspired me to do some portrait photography. I'm usually rather shy to point my camera at people, but performers and actors usually don't mind being photographed, so I tried and I think I took some good ones. Portrait photography might become one of my next photo challenges I think.
5. My cat. If my cat was human, she would probably be diagnosed as autistic. Any change out of the usual routine drives her nuts. Remodeling the living room totally disorientated her and she spent the first week under the bed in the guest room. But since a day or two, she seems okay with the change. She's found a space of her own in the living room again and she happily snuggles up to me when I sit on the couch. I lit some candles last night and just enjoyed the sight of my newly decorated living room, my cat purring on my lap. Life is good.
Find more Fave Five's at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story. I'm always very much looking forward to read how everybody else's week has been!
Oh by the way, there is something I need to ask. Did anybody experience any trouble when visiting my site or trying to leave a comment lately? And could you please tell me what browser you use? You see, some of my Belgian friends, my sister and my daughter told me they get kicked off my blog lately as soon as they try to open the comment box. After I downloaded Explorer 8, I experienced the same problems, so I think this might be the cause of this?
I have uninstalled IE 8, and I have followed Thom's advice to use Mozilla Firefox. This has solved the problem for me, everything works just fine for me now but if you have any problems at all, please let me know?
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)
- Sweetauer's Photo Scavenger Hunt #2 With a Little ...
- I'm baaaaack!!!
- Summer Stock Sunday, This Made Me Smile,
- Saturday Something, Old Doors in France
- Fave Five, the French Edition ...
- When the Lady Smiles.
- Fontaine de Vaucluse, No Playground
- Ruby Tuesday French Undies
- Macro and Music Monday, Rock the Boat ...
- Summer Stock Sunday, Summer in Provence
- Saturday Something, Gig Street
- Friday's Fave Five from Provence
- Window Views in Saignon, La Provence, France
- Laundry Day
- Ruby Tuesday Poppies and Window Views
- Macro Monday, Pretty in Pink
- Summer Stock Sunday, Another Brick in the Wall
- .... Gone ...
- Friday's Favourite Five ... Going ... Going ...
- Sepia Scenes, People and Faces
- A Thousand Words In Idioms, M and N
- Ruby Tuesday Rain ... Go Away ...
- Macro Monday, An Eye For an Eye ...
- Weekly Winners, People and Faces ...
- Saturday Something I Think Should be Arrested.
- Friday's Fave Five, Life is Good.
- Sepia Scenes, How to Make a Traditional Beehive
- A Thousand Words in Idioms K and L
- Time for an Award ... How About Two? Twice?
- Macro Monday, A Snail Tale
- ▼ June (30)