- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, June 12, 2009
Friday's Favourite Five ... Going ... Going ...
It is the time of the week again, time to share some favourite things from the past week.
The meme I love doing most of all. I love sharing good moments, and I really love reading other people's favourites!
It's been a very busy week, the last week before my holiday in France starts. In fact, I will be leaving for France tonight. We will be spending two weeks in my beloved region of France, Provence. I promise I'll try to stay away from ditches, and although I will be away, this blog will have an update each and every day I'm gone. Blogger autopost will take care of that!
(I hope! )
1. Family. We had a lovely party with ( almost) the whole family last Saturday because of my niece's Holy Communion. It was nice to be together again, we had pizza, played bingo and enjoyed each other's company. One of my other nieces had a baby recently (which made my parents great grandparents by the way) so we got to meet her husand AND the baby. It was FUN!! I did a photo shoot with my niece Paulien and I will be sharing this very special series of pictures next Sunday.
2. I loved my new outfit. That's me in the middle there, yes.
3. A brunch at a chateau on Sunday. Great location, great food. What more should I say hmm?
4. The flowers I got from our guests a the brunch. I got two gorgeous bouquets of flowers. So thoughtful of them. I have enjoyed them all week.
5. Another award I got yesterday !! Phew!
This one came from Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, our wonderful Fave Five host, yes!!
It's the lovely blog award, and I'm honoured to receive such a beautiful award from her. Thank you so much, it means a lot to me Susanne!
I am passing this one on to ...
Oh, dear, this is difficult, I have handed out so many the previous time?
Okay, after very careful consideration , drumrolls please ...
Mama at casa, dolce casa, for her beautiful photography
Spacedlaw for a Title? What title? Photography AND music lovely, just lovely
And Quilly Unshuttered Did you know Quilly is an excellent photographer? Check it out!
So I really hope I did not disappoint anyone, because I love ALL your blogs, and I'm going to miss reading you while I am away. But I will be very busy hunting new pictures. It will be the first time I'm going to have a REAL camera while I'm there and I can't wait to see what I can come up with this time! ( I'll have two actually, because I want to figure out the Canon Eos D40 DSLR while I'm there? ) Well who knows, I'm still not too old to learn? We'll see ...
But don't worry, I will have a post up every day while I'm away, and I'm very much looking forward to reading your comments when I get back!!
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)
- Sweetauer's Photo Scavenger Hunt #2 With a Little ...
- I'm baaaaack!!!
- Summer Stock Sunday, This Made Me Smile,
- Saturday Something, Old Doors in France
- Fave Five, the French Edition ...
- When the Lady Smiles.
- Fontaine de Vaucluse, No Playground
- Ruby Tuesday French Undies
- Macro and Music Monday, Rock the Boat ...
- Summer Stock Sunday, Summer in Provence
- Saturday Something, Gig Street
- Friday's Fave Five from Provence
- Window Views in Saignon, La Provence, France
- Laundry Day
- Ruby Tuesday Poppies and Window Views
- Macro Monday, Pretty in Pink
- Summer Stock Sunday, Another Brick in the Wall
- .... Gone ...
- Friday's Favourite Five ... Going ... Going ...
- Sepia Scenes, People and Faces
- A Thousand Words In Idioms, M and N
- Ruby Tuesday Rain ... Go Away ...
- Macro Monday, An Eye For an Eye ...
- Weekly Winners, People and Faces ...
- Saturday Something I Think Should be Arrested.
- Friday's Fave Five, Life is Good.
- Sepia Scenes, How to Make a Traditional Beehive
- A Thousand Words in Idioms K and L
- Time for an Award ... How About Two? Twice?
- Macro Monday, A Snail Tale
- ▼ June (30)