About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Favorite Recipes, Crab Mayonnaise

 

IMG_0529

You need:

two hardboiled eggs
1 tin of crabmeat
a couple of sticks surimi crabmeat
mayonnaise
salt and pepper
 

Chop everything in small cubes and mix with the mayonnaise.
It makes a delicious sandwich spread or you can make this elegant appetizer by wrapping a generous spoonful of the crab salad in a slice of smoked salmon.

 IMG_7856

13 comments:

Korie said...

Our most recent favorite thing that reminds me of this is avocado filled with a mixture of mascarpone, lime juice and rivierkreeften (langostinos in english). It's very refreshing and nice when avocados are in season.

Wanda..... said...

I would love your appetizer, Jientje...send me some! My most favorite meal is Baked Crab Stuffed Salmon, with baked Butternut Squash and Savory Wild Rice. I will have to make do with Orange Roughy and Shrimp today, we're getting snowed in this morning.

Melli said...

That sounds yummy! Crab anything works for me! I never thought to mix it with hard boiled eggs though.

Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds amazing. And I have to say your pictures are fabulous.

CJ xx

Momisodes said...

My goodness your plating is gorgeous! How could anyone not want to eat that? I will definitely try this recipe. I love every one of the ingredients :)

Unknown said...

And, of course, right now I'm hungry. And now, even hungrier.

Kristi said...

Those are beautiful and I bet very tasty!

Mar said...

I am so hungry now!!!

kayerj said...

my husband would love that crab mayonaise. I'll have to make it.

Unknown said...

my mouth is watering! but I am going to indulge at my favorite restaurant tonight and eat out, lots of yummy sushi tonight, a wonderful BD treat!

spacedlaw said...

I love that last picture!

Bientje said...

Looks like something even I can make!
Hehehe
Maybe I will give it a try for this evening!
Big hug,
Your little sister

kim (frogpondsrock) said...

Oh Yum!!!!!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive