About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Window Views, Old and New, Reflecting …

windowviews

IMG_8380

One of the beautiful old houses of the Leysstraat in Antwerp reflected in a modern office building across the street. This is one of the first pictures I took on my very first photo walk in Antwerp with my Big Guy. Now, according to the weatherman, the sky will clear by noon, we’re going to get some fairly warm temperatures for this time of the year. We might even get some sunny spells today. I have already seen some blue patches appear, so I’m going to get my gear ready, hop on the bus and hit the town! See you!

Click the link to see more Window Views.

17 comments:

Carletta said...

I love how you caught the statue in a window all by itself!
Hop on the bus and hit the town sounds like a lovely plan Jientje - have fun!

Mine’s here: Round The Bend.

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Beautiful Capture and nice blog -we will return.
Darryl and Ruth : )

Suburban Girl said...

I love the architecture in the reflection

VioletSky said...

great composition, Jientje!
enjoy your walk this afternoon.

Caution/Lisa said...

What a fascinating juxtaposition of old and new!

Unknown said...

Lucky you to be seeing blue skies. Love the old and new!

James said...

This is great for a double meme Window Views and Weekend Reflections too. I love the old building reflected in the window.
Have a great Weekend!

P.s thanks for reminding me about Window Views.

Unknown said...

Lovely - something I would hope to see in person, someday.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful shot. I love the reflection.

Paz

maryt/theteach said...

marvelous, unique capture, jientje! I love it! Happy WVADT! :)

Unknown said...

Love this time of year. Not to hot, but when the sun goes down, there is a chill still in the air. Great shot!

Kala said...

Love the old and new, but especially the old!

Moonrayvenne said...

I love this! I've never thought of taking pics of reflections. The angel on the top looks so triumphant. Gorgeous! (((HUGS)))

Avril said...

Very very nice!! I hope you see more blue sky! A nip in the air this morning .. the weather is changing!! :(

Robynn's Ravings said...

Looks like the angel up top is conducting an orchestra! Hi Jientje!

Loree said...

I love the reflection of the old house.

The Retired One said...

I love the statue reflection in the window of the modern building!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive