About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Blue Skies to Cure the Blues …

mwb 1575

There was still some light snow when we set out on a eight mile walk on a small path through the woods. When we reached the fields surrounding the neighboring village of Gedine a couple of hours later, the sky began to clear and some patches of blue sky began to appear.

IMG_7418

Walking through the snow like this is pretty exhausting - especially when you’re not used to it - but we were rewarded by breathtaking scenery.

IMG_7470

Me and my camera were having the time of our life. It was as if we were walking through a Christmas card … pretty pictures everywhere.

IMG_7495

By the end of the afternoon we decided to make a shortcut by following the big road. By then we were really getting tired. The road had never seemed so long …

IMG_7498

White snow, … blue skies and fluffy clouds to add a little drama. Beautiful isn’t it?

IMG_7478


When we finally reached our hotel we were near exhaustion. Looking at the pictures now I think it was well worth the aching muscles and sore feet.

Midweek Blues is hosted by Rebecca at the Dusty Cellar.

19 comments:

Suburban Girl said...

It is beautiful scenery! I just keep looking at them, love them all, especially the drama in the 4th shot. Now you can sit your feet up and relax!

moneythoughts said...

Enjoyed your pictures, especially the ones with the blue sky. I have seen that blue sky in the Dutch paintings of winter landscapes from the 17th century. Now I know where they got the icy blue sky. They were masters of color mixing.

The French Bear said...

Stunning, that sky is amazing, you were right, it was worth it!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Dianne said...

stunning scenes!!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Gorgeous!

James said...

Wonderful shots! They make me want to go take some pictures before the snow from last night melts away.

christina said...

I love your photos, beautiful sceneries!

Unknown said...

I am just at a loss for words.

Caution/Lisa said...

I think I would have missed that beauty because I would have thought, "Eight miles?!" No way! Thanks for letting me live vicariously today.

Rob Siemann said...

Haven't done this for ages and ages and ages! What a good feeling to be tired after such a walk in such a glorious scenery! And you're lucky: my camera refuses to work when it's too cold

Wanda..... said...

Beautiful skies over the road and snowy fields.

The Retired One said...

I love big fields of fluffy snow and blue skies across a winter field.

Lovely, Jientje,just wonderful!

kayerj said...

what a lovely walk--and blue is my favorite color, especially a blue sky

Colleen said...

Each picture just gets prettier than the last. What a wonderful walk! I should do the same.

Loree said...

Gorgeous. I think the photos are worth the aching muscles.

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Beyond words! So so so pretty!

Bientje said...

The pictures are breathtaking sis!
Big hug,
Your little sister

Gena @ Thinking Aloud said...

Awesome post Jientje!!!! as always exquisite photography! and beautiful scenery....
Gena @ Thinking Alo9ud

Jay said...

Oh, what beautiful scenes you captures, especially that last one! But eight miles? Are you INSANE??? Were you not freezing your ears off?

Good for you, seriously. We should all make the effort to enjoy the white stuff while it's here.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive