About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sepia Scenes, Home Baking

bownepark 001 copy2




IMG_7753

Home baked bread and nostalgic kitchenware. Perfect for a Sepia Scenes…




15 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh my, this photo is so perfect in every way. I adore bread and have to go cut me a slice right now, although the bread I have is not nearly so delicious looking as yours!. happy Thursday Jientje, hugs, Kathy.

Wanda..... said...

I just made dill rye bread yesterday, Jientje!

maryt/theteach said...

jientje, a wonderful macro shot in sepia! "Farine" means flour, eh? Thanks for participating! :)

Colleen said...

Even in sepia this shot makes my mouth drool. I love homemade bread!

Heidi said...

Reminds me that I've been thinking about baking some gluten free bread all day. Now, I think I best go do it! Thanks for getting me back on track.

Betty W said...

Looks good. I wish I could smell the finished product.

Kala said...

I agree, this shot is perfect in sepia.

Anonymous said...

I smell the aroma. Nice image. I used to bake bread all the time. One of these days I'll get my hands in the dough again. Nothing like the smell of bread in the oven.

The Retired One said...

Those old baking pans made a great subject for your theme!

Momisodes said...

There is nothing more satisfying than baking homemade bread. Those look lovely and nutty.

I bet your place smelled amazing.

Loree said...

I am su re your baking turned out very yummy :)

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Something about this picture is really capturing my imagination! It may be the pans. They are fantastic and you captured them really well!

Gena D said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous gorgeous!! love this sepia image - you have done so well Jientje!!!
Gena @ Thinking Aloud

jp said...

i gotta tell ya....your pictures are so beautiful! are you on flikr?

Stephen Van Tuyl said...

Nicely shot! Great DOF!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive