About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, February 8, 2010

Macro Monday, Does Anyone Know?

 

mm

 

I’m not sure which plant this is, does anyone know?  They look like huge dandelion seeds on a tall stem. I thought they made a nice Macro Monday subject.

 IMG_7260 

IMG_7259

  IMG_7434

 

IMG_7436

 

More Macro Monday photography at Lisa’s Chaos.

14 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Perhaps Queen Anne's Lace? It's hard to tell without the flowers and it's dead.
But, whatever it's name, it makes a beautiful macro shot. I especially like the first one.

Loree said...

I have no idea what the plant is but the photos are beautiful.

Colleen said...

I don't know what it is. It looks like it could be a relative of Queen Anne's lace. My favorite is the second to last. I love the light, the angle, and the snow caps in that one.

The French Bear said...

I was thinking, Queen Ann's Lace too, or Allium, it looks so pretty they way you captured it with these photos.
Hugs,
Margaret B

Suburban Girl said...

I love the 2nd shot. Looks like little bowls holding snow.

moneythoughts said...

I wish I was into painting abstract paintings, because I would turn the last 2 pictures into paintings. I like their composition.

James said...

These are fantastic. The perspective is brilliant.

Irene said...

I'm not sure .... but the shots are nice anyway!

MaR said...

No idea, but your shots make them look very special!

Leslie said...

Hmm...my first thought was Queen Anne's Lace, but usually (at least here in TX) when it goes to seed it bunches up with stems curling inward looking more like a tiny birds nest.

I would like to think it is a snowflower! :) I love the way the snow is resting on it. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'd be the last person to answer the what plant is this. I like the series and the way you look at the plant from different viewpoints. I like the colors in the second one. The third reminds me of street lamps. Nice work!

Tammie Lee said...

lovely photos. I would guess queen anne's lace or fennel?

Jay said...

Beautiful!! Love the little snow caps on each one!

It's a member of the Umbelliferae, but it's hard to tell which one without seeing the leaves, the height and the stem. Could be pretty much anything from Cow Parsley to Hemlock! LOL!

The Retired One said...

Snow blossoms...how unique and wonderful!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive