About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rubies in the Snow …

ruby-slippers-door-stop_copy

It was not easy to find rubies in this white Winter scenery, but I did!

IMG_1373

IMG_7070
The first two are from day one, when we travelled less busy roads to be able to pull the car over and take photos. The first day was very grey with lots of snow.

IMG_7417
The second day of our trip we made a very long walk across the fields and that’s when I photographed these.

IMG_7343

IMG_7425

It was still snowing in the morning but by the end of the afternoon we even got some blue patches in the sky, which made it even prettier.


More Ruby Tuesday posts at Mary’s Work of the Poet.
Oh and don’t forget to visit Heavenin365, there is a new picture by me each day.

15 comments:

Colleen said...

I love the first shot. It's a great photo any day, but I love how you found that little pop of color of Ruby Tuesday.

maryt/theteach said...

Jientje, what a trip through the snow! Glorious! Glad you caught the little reds in all the white! :)

moneythoughts said...

As usual, I enjoy viewing your photographs. Your landscape shots I find particularly appealing. Corot always stuck a little red somewhere in each of his landscape paintings. : )

Unknown said...

Great stuff, Jientje!!
I love the first shot especially.

Samara Link said...

What a cool thing to challenge yourself with. You got some lovely captures!

Susanne said...

So gorgeous. Way to find red in all that white.

Gave you an award over at my place today.

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful photo captures.

Paz

Heidi said...

This is Belgium? By jove, I believe I've just learned something! Great ruby finds...

Jientje said...

@ Colleen : I did not realize it when I made it though.
@ maryt/theteach : It's always nice to look for rubies Mary!
@ moneythoughts : Thank you Fred. A little bit of red can make all the difference, I agree. By the way, in case you were wondering,"ROFL" means "roll over the floor laughing", meaning you made me laugh. I had a hard time trying to figure that one out as well in my early blogger days.
@ LceeL : One of my favorites as well. Can't ignore the little guy either, it also does a great job !
@ Samara Link: Thanks!
@ Susanne : Awww, thank you Susanne!
@ Paz : I had fun, does it show?
é kaye : Thanks!
@ 2Thinks : Ohhh yes, this is Belgium too. It's the Southern part of Belgium close to the French border.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot of snow! Love your second photo with the danger signs - I just don't know how you manage to drive at all!

Melli said...

Boy! Those rubies really stand out against all that white, don't they!? Looks a lot like my world... and it's snowing again... even as I type!

Gattina said...

And you hoped for snow, lol ! I think you got more as you wanted !

Loree said...

Your photos are always beautiful and it amazes me how you are able to make mundane things look so artisitc. You have a great talent Jientje.

Patti said...

Yep, you found some bits of red ~ your sky looks like how ours looked this morning. Great captures.

Your trip must have been difficult, through all that snow.

I just read your header. Your English is wonderful. ;-)

Happy belated Ruby Tuesday!

Gena @ Thinking Aloud said...

You clever girl!! excellent!!!
GEna @ Thinking Aloud

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive