About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Weekend Reflections, Trees at the Lake

 

This is another picture from our weekend in the Ardennes. We were on our way home when I saw this lake. My husband pulled the car over one last time so I could take a couple of pictures of reflections. It was getting late in the afternoon, close to sunset, and I absolutely love the dreamy light you get at this time of day.

IMG_1473

 

 

More Weekend Reflections at James’ Newton Area Photo.

18 comments:

VioletSky said...

One thing I have learned from this meme, is how much bigger the subject looks in the reflected surface!
That is my favourite time of day, too.

Wanda..... said...

Your reflecting photo does have a dreamy look to it, Jientje.

Kat said...

Gorgeous! This is my favorite light too. I love early morning light, but it changes so rapidly. The end of the day lingers. Kathy

Carletta said...

Lovely Jientje - wonderful composition!

Becky said...

I see why you stopped by to get a picture. Very beautiful,a perfect time of day. Sorry to read about not feeling well, hope you are much better today. I love hot tea when I'm sick, makes me feel much better than coffee. Hot tea is soothing. I am SO BEHIND on reading my favorite blogs. Libby has been here, it was great to see her. HAve a very Happy Valentine's Day!

moneythoughts said...

This photo is special. It has so much going for it. I like it a lot.

My name is Riet said...

Yes, beautiful.

Jan said...

Outstanding, Jientje.

Suburban Girl said...

Pretty, pretty!

Halcyon said...

This one is really nice. You get twice the scenery! Happy weekend.

James said...

I just love this picture! It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Feathery. That's the first word that popped into my head when I saw your fine image. I'm referring to the trees of course, especially the reflections.

The Retired One said...

The stillness of the reflections like a mirror is just lovely in this shot, Jientje! Loved it.

kim (frogpondsrock) said...

I never get tired of your photos Jientje, I am pleased you are feeling better.I have just caught up on all your posts. I am a bad blog friend. I use my left hand a lot as well, but not with knives or pens. xox Kim

quilly said...

Lovely capture. I have always been drawn to reflections.

It is good you were with your mate and not with mine. Mine doesn't stop.

jp said...

stunning!

michael bird said...

Lovely. They have their own little circle.

spacedlaw said...

I love that picture.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive