About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ruby Tuesday, What a Difference a Day Makes …

 

 

ruby-slippers-door-stop_copy

IMG_7997

I had made this picture last week when I was on my way to my pedicure appointment. I thought it would make a great Ruby Tuesday photo.

IMG_8164

And then yesterday, I needed a picture for Heavenin365. As some of you may know, I have challenged myself to post a new picture each day, taken with the Big Guy, my Canon D40. So I went up to the canal again and much to my surprise, the shattered ice had given it a whole new look. Isn’t it interesting how different these two pictures are, and yet, it’s the same little yacht harbor with the same boats on it, every day of the year.

 IMG_1226

I became very intrigued and started browsing through my archives. This is one I took on January 7th, taken with the Powershot SX1- IS. 
 IMG_6459 
January 19th, around ten in the morning when I took my Big Guy out.
Dreamy, foggy, peaceful.

IMG_0053

One year earlier, 06 01 2009. A cold but very bright day. Rhapsody in blue.

IMG_5375

23 11 2007 , one of my earliest pictures, taken with my very first camera, the Powershot S45. I love the Jackdaws in this one.

IMG_7809

20 08 2009. The SX1-IS again.
Aaaaah, Summer!!! Flowers, blue skies … Same boats though. 
 IMG_9797

20 09 2009 around eight o’clock in the morning. What a difference a month makes…

IMG_9935

September 24th, 2009, on a bright and beautiful afternoon. It’s still a nice and warm day, but the flowers have been cut off. I LOVE that cloudy sky, and that guy fishing really made this photo. I was amazed how different one and the same location can look, and how different each picture “feels”.
The weather, the wind, the clouds, the birds, the flowers, the people … the light… 
It all makes a world of difference.

 

 

Ruby Tuesday is hosted by Mary the Teach at Work of the Poet.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Ruby Shot! Can't miss the guy in red. ;-) The canal photos are also very nice. I like the family of ducks on the water. ;-)

Paz

Colleen said...

What a fun look back on the many moods of the canal.

Suburban Girl said...

I love this post...all the twists on the shots of the same subject. Great.

Joyce said...

I like your photos showing the same canal at different times. I like the ice breaking up which means that Spring is coming soon. You seem to be having fun with your BIG camera. I keep saying I am going to read my BIG camera manual so that I can learn different things so I read a chapter each week and play with all the dials and whistles on my camera and little by little I am getting to have more fun with the BIG camera. Have fun shooting photos.
Joyce

moneythoughts said...

I don't know what is going on today with Google, but they have made me do flips to leave a comment. Nice pictures. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I bet I've never told you how much I love boats and water. So you have no idea how much I love these pictures. I'll have to tell you, one of these days.

BioniKat said...

Love the continuity of the canal photos. The boats dont look like they ever move far.

United Studies said...

The picture with the sheets of ice is really my favorite out of all of them. All of the pictures are wonderful, and it was quite fun to look at all of them and compare the different seasons and weather conditions.

Gattina said...

Nice Ruby Red picture ! It also looks quiet cold. I don't need to make black and white pictures anymore because everythingt is black and white ! Have you seen this terrible train accident, I mentioned it yesterday, bloggers had seen it on TV in the States and asked me. Today I went there, but nobody is allowed to approach.

Kim, USA said...

Every transformation are great. They all have there own beauty amidst what season it is. Like the lake that looks like a broken glass ^_^

RRT: Fuji

Ladyinblue said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos. Nice to see a little bit of Belgium, and ruby as well ;)
All the best/
Ulla Sweden

Jan said...

Jientje, this is an interesting, and lovely post.

kayerj said...

very interesting

The Retired One said...

I really loved looking at the photos in this series...timing does make quite a difference. I still think I love the foggy ones the best and of course the one with the flowers!

Carletta said...

Beautiful shots Jientje!
I love the ice chunks and that first foggy one -very nice.

♥ Kathy said...

Great pictures! Happy Ruby Tuesday

Jeri ~ said...

What a great post!! It is so interesting to see how the beauty of this place changes from day to day.

Momisodes said...

You are just so clever with your Ruby Tuesday shots. I just love how the feeling in all of these are so different. How the fog and bright blue skies offer such different qualities in every shot.

Loree said...

It's true - it's amazing how the same place can look so different.

Christie, Describe Happy said...

I really enjoyed that! The pictures are all so interesting and neat in their own seperate way! Of course the summer one just screamed out at me and make me really want spring to hurry up aleady! The fog one is mysterious too!

Kristi said...

It was fun to look at the various days of the same spot!

Marja-Leena said...

Hieno idea kuvata

Kathy said...

oh I really enjoyed seeing this little spot in so many ways and different times of the year, Kathy.

Unknown said...

These photos are amazing every one of them! I love how different each one of them looks even at the same location! Wow you really captured the best of the best in these photos! What a heavenly place to live! smiles and hugs

Wendy said...

I absolutely love all these shots of the water and boats - different in each picture. I was interested to learn more about the jackdaw - we don't have them in the USA, so I looked them up. Keep taking these lovely pictures of my grandparents' homeland. I feel somehow connected to them when I come to your website.

Karen said...

Each photo is more beautiful than the next. You live in a beautiful place and have an artist's eye.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive