About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, February 22, 2010

Macro Monday, A Touch of Spring

 IMG_8672

I used these little stone birds to decorate the dinner table when I had guests last weekend. They added just that little touch of Spring we’re all looking out for right now.
 IMG_8656

IMG_8647

 IMG_8658

IMG_8655


More Macro Monday themed photos at Lisa’s Chaos.

24 comments:

Moonrayvenne said...

These look almost lifelike. We sure could use some spring right now. We're having a snowstorm right now. School is closed, so I don't have to work since I work in the cafeteria. I'll be relaxing inside today. (((HUGS)))

Ms. Fiddlesticks said...

They are so very pretty. Have a nice Monday. Spring is trying to come out here in Georgia USA.

Avril said...

Your little birdies are beautifully made!!! Wow! Love scrolling through all your photos - all the little touches are so special!! ... table settings, candles, flowers ... really special!! You make a wonderful couple - can see the love between you :)

Wanda..... said...

I love your stone birds, Jientje. They look like my favorite Carolina Wrens, with their little round bodies and jaunty tails.

Unknown said...

So - these little stone birds ... do they poop pebbles?

But the pictures are lovely.

MaR said...

I can almost hear them sing, beautiful!!

melting point

Maria said...

Very beautiful photos. They almost looks like for real:)

moneythoughts said...

I love Lou's comment. That is very clever. And, I love the pictures too.

Helena said...

These are really cute birds, and great shots! You're definitely right about everyone looking for a touch of spring these days ... I can't wait! :)

Colleen said...

Aren't they cute. I'm looking forward to seeing some spring birds at my feeder soon.

James said...

They are wonderful. I especially like the top picture.

Alida said...

Yes, yes...spring! We have had some lovely days here. I have to tell you everytime I visit your blog, the picture on the title takes my breath away! It's just beautiful. Have a wonderful week, Jienjte.

Killara girl said...

thankyou for making me feel chirpy...i noticed the daffodil shoot in the garden today. not long now...

Kala said...

What a lovely reminder of spring to adorn the table with!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these. Lovely images.

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

I adore that first shot! The texture of the bird and berry is great. But what makes this photo so good is the way the birds in the background are looking in on the scene.

Lovin' Macro Monday,
Cameo @-->-->---
www.cameoroze.blogspot.com

kayerj said...

very springy :)

Nicole said...

Those are lovely!
Birdies over here are already busy with Spring and some already have Babes.
(Had to switch to Internet Explorer, since Blogger ist acting up on a few blogs again and swallows my comment entries :( )

spacedlaw said...

Cute birdies. It is a good idea to have them about the table (picking up crumbs) rather than on a shelf somewhere.

Loree said...

I really like the way the colour turned out, with that kind of golden glow.

RA said...

Beautiful touch! They almost seem like real. Have a wonderful week, Jientje :)

Unknown said...

You know I love birds and these are GREAT! Very nice photos too Jientje!

Jay said...

Oh, aren't they sweet? I love the way that little .. wren? ... is sitting on a berry!

♕ reyna said...

i love those shots!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive