About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekly Winners, Food for Foodies

 

 

weeklywinnersnew

What happens when two foodies and their spouses spend a weekend together?

IMG_8530 
They visit the local market…

IMG_8531

  looking for the best produce.

IMG_8537 
They queue endless lines

IMG_8533 
… to get the best quality.

IMG_8495
They dress a nice table ...

IMG_8698

and open up

 IMG_8684

a nice bottle of wine. Maybe two.

IMG_8567

   Their food looks pretty…

IMG_8596

IMG_8519

… and the conversation is good.

IMG_8844
Cookies
 IMG_8639

and a little chocolate heaven to add the finishing touch …

 

More Weekly Winners at I am Lotus.

23 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

Oh wow, it all looks delicious!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Everything does look so good. Asparagus means spring is soon and I love that!

Amy W said...

Everything looked beautiful and delicious. FANTASTIC photos all around! And your table looked beautiful: are those real flowers or silk? I am copying that look at my next dinner party.

Colleen said...

An amazing photographer and an amazing cook! Your dinner looks delicious!

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Ooooh! That's amazing. I think I like foodies. =)

Moonrayvenne said...

Foodies are always fun! The food is so colorful & the chocolate looks wonderful! (((hugs)))

Tara R. said...

A lovely day and beautiful table. That is a market I would enjoy browsing.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

The food looks delicious.

Danifred said...

Oh my, my mouth is watering!

Wanda..... said...

I only wish I had been there, Jientje, your guests and family are so lucky!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

It all looks so good!

Gattina said...

I think you should illustrate a cook book ! Always so yummy pictures !

Rob Siemann said...

I noticed it before: you are a b....y brilliant food photographer!

Amy said...

Oh I'm all gasping over here! The salad looks amazing, and the dinner -- it's just gorgeous! And I love those wavy plates.

Nice series!!

Unknown said...

I love the feeling I just got looking at your pictures - they are all so warm and inviting... Great shots!

Secret Agent Mama said...

What a rich feeling I get from looking at your photos! LOVE!

James said...

The food looks so beautiful. I rarely see such fancy food. It's good that you took a picture of it. I bet there are all sorts of interesting things to be found in the market.

The Retired One said...

Yum...what time is the next party and where do we meet you? ha

Unknown said...

(tummy growling.) i like the cookie and chocolate and wine and corkscrew shots especially. also, hooray for spring and asparagus!

Jenny Grace said...

That asparagus looks delish.

Kala said...

It all looks good, especially the chocolates!

Denise said...

I was hungry already. Now I am REALLY hungry! FANTASTIC set!!

Loree said...

That food looks delicious. You have made me hungry.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive