About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekly Winners, Photo Walks and Romance …

 

 

weeklywinnersnew

It’s been a fantastic week, there were lots and lots of photo opportunities.

IMG_8151

Valentine’s day dinner for two. 
 IMG_8126 
Romance,

IMG_8210

and roses for our anniversary.

IMG_8157

I took the Big Guy for a stroll in my neighborhood …

IMG_8254

IMG_8245

and tried to capture the last light of the day. 

 IMG_8430

Two days later I took the Big Guy to the Big City

IMG_8469
Sweet temptations.

IMG_8396

Spring is not quite there yet, but it’s coming!

 IMG_8479

The street musician is back.

IMG_8382

I love to watch people watching people.


More Weekly Winners at I am Lotus.

17 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Great pictures. Your dinner table looks so pretty. And, I love the angle of the castle shot.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Such a wonderful set! Each picture is more beautiful than the last! =)

Secret Agent Mama said...

That last shot? WOW.

Great set, J!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great set.YOur dinner table shot was beautiful. Love the light in 6th shot.

Rob Siemann said...

You're spoiling us!

Tara R. said...

The boat shots are incredible. I love the ice floats in the water and the snow on shore.. beautiful.

That last shot has so much character, wonderful capture.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

These are wonderful. I love the lighting on the first couple

Moonrayvenne said...

There is so much contrast between these pics. SO different, yet all so beautiful. Have a great week! (((HUGS)))

quilly said...

I love trying to capture the last light of day.

Karen Coutu said...

Love the romantic shots. I can't choose a favorite this week.

Wanda..... said...

My favorite is the gift bag of roses, Jientje!

The Retired One said...

Loved that last picture of the man looking at others too!

Heather said...

great shots. Love the rose and the last shot

Denise said...

Stunning photos. All of them! Wow.

Loree said...

Beautiful pictures. Hard to decide which one would be the voerall winner. I think they all deserve a medal!

spacedlaw said...

I would love to try those chocolates. And I like that last picture too.

Gena @ Thinking Aloud said...

Hi Jientje, what a wonderful post ... I love the images captured in and around Beligum .... There are images/ posts that when I view them, I feel as if I've travelled ... these are such ....
Have a wonderful weekend!
Gena @ Thinking Aloud

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive