Can you believe it’s Friday AGAIN? I feel like I’ve missed a couple of days this week, I can hardly believe how fast this week has gone by! It seems like only yesterday when I announced I would be away for a long weekend with my husband and here I am, one week later …
Anyway. It IS Friday, so it’s time to look back and list five favorite things from the week that has gone by. Here we go …
The highlight of the past week is the weekend in the Ardennes with my husband no doubt. It was everything I wished it would be.
We had …
1. … just the right amount of fresh snow. Nothing as unpredictable as Belgian weather. I asked for snow … and we got snow! We never get much snow at home, so yes, it was a treat. It even snowed at the right moments! It snowed when we were in the car traveling, but we were still able to pull the car over and make photos. It snowed when we were inside having breakfast the next morning but it stopped when we wanted to go out for a long walk. We even got some blue skies near the end of the afternoon. It had stopped snowing altogether and all the roads were cleared when we set out to return home again.
2. … a lovely hotel and all the people working there were very very friendly.
3. … delicious food. Their lady chef sure knew what she was doing in her kitchen. We decided to give the restaurant a try when we arrived the first night and we did not want to eat anywhere else after that. The plates were pretty and the food was cooked to perfection. From starter to dessert, … heavenly.
4. … a very long walk on Saturday. It was good to be outside in the crisp fresh air. We were exhausted by the time we got back but the beautiful scenery was well worth the aching muscles. Nothing a good hot bath could not cure! I took a gazillion of pictures.
Yes, well … don’t I always?
5. … a guided tour of the citadel of Dinant on Sunday. A citadel is a fortress built to defend the city against foreign intruders and I was horrified by the cruel stories of the bloody battles that have been going on there through the course of history.
After that we parked the car by the river and went looking for a place to eat. After a lovely meal in a Chinese restaurant we were ready to return home to enjoy the rest of the evening. I love to travel and be away from home, but it’s always a good feeling to have a cozy home to come home to as well.