About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Weird Things About Me

 

 

kreativ_blogger_award_copy1

 

Describe Happy has tagged me with the Kreativ Blogger award. 
This time, the award comes with a request to list seven random things about yourself before passing it on to other bloggers.

 

It’s a good thing it does not say this needs to be stuff nobody knows about me yet. After three years of blogging it’s hard to come up with something new so I’ll just list seven things about myself and if you already knew, than you’re a faithful visitor!

- I’m not very tall. 1,53 m to be exact, I have no idea how much that is in feet?
- That’s probably why I love wearing shoes with high heels so much.
- I get these annoying sneezing spells from time to time when I sneeze like fifty times in a row.
- I’m addicted to my camera(s).( everybody KNOWS that!!!) Capturing moments has become a lifestyle, I don’t know what I’d do without my cameras.
- Usually I prefer coffee to tea, but when I’m ill, I find tea is a lot more soothing. That’s probably because of the sweetness of the honey I put in it.
-  I love a sharp pencil to write with. I recently bought a set of new ones and I love them!

IMG_7749
-  I am left handed, give or take a few exceptions. I write with my right hand, but I use all my cutting knives in my kitchen with my left hand. It’s really funny but when I need a scissor I NEED to use my right hand again, can’t do it with my left hand!

I am going to pass the Kreativ Blogger award on to:

The Aware Writer: Because of his interesting tutorials.
Hip Chick photos: I always love her photos of harbors, boats and the beach.
Rebecca from the Dusty Cellar Shoots: Because of her inspiring photography.

 

 


Susanne at living to Tell the Story bestowed me with the happy 101 award:

happy 101 award

All you have to do is:

1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.

2. List who gave the award to you and use a link to her blog (or hyperlink).

3. List 10 things that make you happy.

4. Pass the award on to other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know

 

1. Getting an award from a befriended blogger, it’s like getting a virtual hug.
2. The aroma of fresh bread baking in the oven.
3. Good music on the radio.
4. A handwritten recipe.

IMG_6803


5. Fresh sheets on the bed.
6. Tea with lemon and lots of honey.
7. A beautiful blue sky, and some white fluffy clouds to add a little drama.
8. The birds on my feeder quarreling over their food.
9. Candles to light up a gloomy day.
10. A nice hot shower.

Oooh yes, and one more thing I’d like to say here. Thanks for all the well wishes you sent me in the comments yesterday. I’m already feeling a lot better today!

 

 

I’m passing it on to:

Kirsti from Mi Vida Occupada: Her Photo Hunt Challenges make me try harder.
Describe Happy because this award was made for her. I always love reading her happy posts.

Linda from Linda Lu’s BTDT: She’s such a happy - even when she goes through a lot like she has lately - she still keeps that optimistic smile!

11 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

How sweet! And, I have found a couple of great blogs that I didn't know about too. Thank you.

Margo said...

glad you feel better. I love your list of ten things that make you happy, and as always, I enjoy your photography :)

Wanda..... said...

I have a thing for beautiful pens and sharp pencils too. Your use of both left and right hands was interesting, Jientje!

Kathy said...

Hope you are feeling much better Jientje, congrats on your awards and too all those you passed them on to. I love, love those pencils and your happy list made me happy too. hugs, Kathy.

Heidi said...

Hello Jientje! I have not forgotten you! I simply could not visit your site for a time because for some reason when I'd click over here- my browser would continue to open a tab to your site over and over and over to infinity...I couldn't stop it and I'd have to just flip my entire computer off. I think it is fixed now.

Whew! You're photos are still the best!

moneythoughts said...

Left-handed! I should have guessed. You remind me a bit of my father who wrote with his right hand and painted with his left. Leonardo was left-handed. Can you guess what I am?

Unknown said...

AHHHH thank you my sweet friend Jientje! I just figure that the only person I am hurting by being grumpy is myself because then NO ONE will want to be around me and I just couldn't live without all my sweet friends! Plus....when I smooch my grand babies....it makes EVERYTHING feel better! thank you for the compliment...! smiles and hugs across the many many miles!

Loree said...

I am like you, I love to write using a sharp pencil and I also absolutely love the smell of baking bread.

Suburban Girl said...

Awwww, thanks Jientje for the award. So kind of you.

Jientje said...

@ hip chick : You're welcome!
@ Margo : Thank you Margo!
@ Wanda : They did not respect my "left handedness" when I was a kid, so I had to try and make the best of it.
@ Kathy :I am feeling better, thank you!
@ 2Thinks : I know you haven't forgotten me, but I'm glad you got the problem solved, I missed you!
@ moneythoughts : A lot of creative people are left handed, is that why you say you should have guessed? My guess is you're one of them too, I think you're left handed as well!
@ Linda Higgins :You're a happy person and that's why I love you!
@ Loree : Yes, simple pleasures ...

Susanne said...

I love your list and think we'd get along just fine if we ever me in real life! :v)

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive