Friday’s Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. It’s my favorite meme because it makes you look back on your week and celebrate the good things.
1. The Primulas my husband bought me as a little present for my patio garden.
I used them to decorate the table for our daughter’s birthday dinner, and as soon as the snow goes away I will plant them outside where they will add a touch of color and Spring to my patio garden.
2. Our daughter Patsy’s birthday. Her birthday was on Friday and we invited her and her husband over for a little birthday dinner on Saturday. We had a lovely evening together, catching up on the latest stories in our lives, opening presents … while enjoying our food. We had three little appetizers with our aperitif, a salmon “bonbon” with crab mayonnaise as a first starter, followed by scallops. I served quails on truffle pasta in a Lapsang Souchong cream sauce as a main course. It was delicious.
3. Warm apple pie and home made cinnamon ice cream for dessert. Need I say more?
4. The gallons of tea with honey and lemon I had yesterday and the day before have done a great job. I’m feeling a lot better already. Thanks for all the get well wishes!
5. It has been snowing again with very cold temperatures. This calls for old fashioned comfort food, so I made split pea soup again. I think I might have listed this favorite soup of mine in one of Fave Five posts some time ago, I’m not sure. It’s one of the things I like about Winter. A nice bowl of split pea soup that tastes like it did when I was still a kid.