1. My sister and her husband stayed over and spent the weekend with us. We visited the weekly market to buy some nice food and spent some time in the kitchen afterwards to prepare what be had bought. We spent a lot of time at the dinner table, enjoying each other’s company and catching up on each others lives over some good food and a glass of wine. The weekend was over way too soon.
2. Chocolate. And a gift check for 25€, to be spent in a Neuhaus chocolate store! Need I say more?
3. A new way to serve hot chocolate is to poor hot milk over a chocolate praline. A very special treat at the brunch table!
4. First signs of Spring. Warmer temperatures ( today is 48°F / 9°C ), the first crocus flowers appearing and the Great Tits are checking out the real estate. I’m keeping my fingers crossed they’re going to want to raise their family in the nest box on my patio.
5. The fresh Greek yoghurt I bought at the weekly market in Antwerp. It can be used in almost any recipe to replace sour cream or cream cheese. We had it with smoked salmon, but it’s also a treat served with some acacia honey on a thick slice of fresh home baked bread.
I had another lovely week, and you?